cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum and your moderators. Please read.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Good day all.

Ok this post is aimed at all posters and forum members new and old...we have decided between ourselves that the forum has become a very toxic and disruptive place to visit. We have had enough of the negative posts and trolling which has increased to a very unpleasant level. Personal attacks, snide comments, silly jibes  posts abusing Oculus/Facebook and immature posting has gone too far in our opinion.
I would usually never name users but @Zenbane and @kevinw729 to name but a few are prime examples of some disruption that we are witnessing. We don't aim to gag people but enough is enough. Toxicity and name calling and thread disruption will now be met with jail time on the forum without warning. 

We and I'm sure many users here, have had enough of this pointless nonsense and it will not be tolerated. If issues continue to deteriorate then matters will be looked at for consideration for a permanent forum ban. This comes from your tired and weary volunteer moderators. We will read any concerns via pm but will not entertain harassment or bullying via the message system.

Please read this, understand what we are saying and do your best to comply.

Any problems or concerns or you think this message is unfair then please have a good read of the forum rules which ARE from Oculus that we are trying to enforce.

Lets make this a happy and informative forum again with good discussions, so let's keep it civil.

Thank you.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

65 REPLIES 65

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Zenbane said:

Emoji's are for those who enjoy text-based communication formats in ways that are light-hearted and fun. Not everyone is on a forum specifically looking to pick a fight. 

I think you are though.  Especially in those PMs you send to me.  Got something derogatory to say, why not just say it here?  

I would like to point out that this the first direct post to I have made to you in days.  But yet over and over, you insist on stalking me from thread to thread and now you are stalking me in PMs.  I insist that you stop communicating with me.  I don't like you and I don't HAVE to like you.  Leave me alone stalker.

As I said in the PM, it's better to handle matters privately, not publicly. Since you're going from one thread to another looking for a fight, let's hash it out one on one over PM. I don't need an audience. And this forum doesn't need any toxicity.

Double_Shot
Adventurer
Dude, I stopped posting to you and yet over and over, you have insisted on sending zingers (well your idea of zingers) my way on almost every thread I have posted on.  Have a nice day.  hahaha

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Dude, I stopped posting to you

For the record, this is false. This poster just tried issuing personal insults just yesterday:

And then still came in to this thread today to antagonize with this comment:
"But I guess the emojis are for the sensitive types who are hurt by words"

There's still a strong need to address the ongoing toxicity on this forum.

Double_Shot
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

Dude, I stopped posting to you

For the record, this is false. This poster just tried issuing personal insults just yesterday:

And then still came in to this thread today to antagonize with this comment:
"But I guess the emojis are for the sensitive types who are hurt by words"

There's still a strong need to address the ongoing toxicity on this forum.

I think there's a bigger need to address toxic egos.  You sound like a "must have last word" kind of guy (seems to come with the ego) so I give you the floor.  I won't however, be reading it.    It's just simply too boring to continue. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I agree that ego's are a problem as well. No doubt that I have an ego, but in this case my ego is not involved at all. I'm just pointing out the truth. And as I said, there's no reason to force the entire forum to endure reading through any personal feuds. 

Just as in other more professional situations, such as most corporate environments, all conflict management should happen one on one in a more private setting.

Now, I don't have a personal problem with anyone right now. But of course, if someone decides to target me and try to make me their rival, then I'd rather hash it out one on one, instead of making a public spectacle of the situation. The only thing that public spectacles accomplish is... feeding an ego. Which neither myself, nor my ego, have any interest in doing.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Sometimes a personal emoji says it all, lol!  Maybe needs a few bars and a bar of soap?  Just kidding, please cool down mate and quit adding anger to all these forum threads.  You have only been a member for a month and already have over 120 posts, most of which are kinda toxic imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers