cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum used to be so different

my3dscene
Protege
Once upon a time this forum was visited by developers and enthusiast.  Just valuable technical comments, interesting news regarding hardware improvements, etc. Now, if you say something you don't like about Oculus, you get fully trolled. Don't really care about being trolled but I really miss that quality it used to be here.
18 REPLIES 18

Techy111
MVP
MVP
It's still here mate. Just got to dig a bit harder to find it 🙂 I still find lots of useful posts and helpful posters on these forums.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noticed that the forum tends to get flooded more by people that make only 1 or 2 posts, and all they do is either make a topic for a question that has been asked millions of times before and could have easily been answered by using the search function, or they start whining about shipping taking too long/price being too high/ HTC VIVE being better/Palmer being a dick/etcetera. Basically not contributing to the forum in any way and just being there to annoy people.

RobHermans
Superstar

my3dscene said:

Once upon a time this forum was visited by developers and enthusiast...

Perhaps the "community" aspect has taken over in this area, and you're looking for this:

https://forums.oculus.com/developer

B)

crim3
Expert Protege

my3dscene said:

Once upon a time this forum was visited by developers and enthusiast...

Perhaps the "community" aspect has taken over in this area, and you're looking for this:

https://forums.oculus.com/developer

B)

There it's even worst, with several examples of developers having problems with the tyrannical software that Oculus has made. 😕

nyczducky
Explorer
Welcome to the forums of a company that recently launched a brand new product that everyone wants and has a love hate relationship with. Not the first time this has happened with a product and won't be the last.

Give it time. Wait for the products to get in the hands of more people. It will either go back or be filled with more angry customers because of the red tint issue if it's affecting a LOT more units than previously thought.

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Some of that probably comes with the transition from an unreleased - to consumer available product. There are now a lot of people that are not super hard core into the VR industry, that have still ordered a Rift. 

There is a lot of whining here, but much of it is tied to the launch - which really has been a bit rocky.

Hopefully in the coming months those things will began to fall away, and we can all get back to focusing on the technology.

edmg
Trustee
It's a natural consequence of people having nothing better to do until their headset arrives.

SickleFoot
Protege
I don't think it will ever change. Same old fanboy, console type wars having been going on for generations and will continue to do so. Now that there are two main VR headsets on the market, the same thing is happening all over again and will continue to do so.

Just human nature it seems.

With there being so much in the world to be occupied with, just the amazement of being alive and having this finite experience, people waste their time and energy arguing and looking for internet social browny points of the most trivial things. In the grand scheme of it all, it seems utterly pathetic.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
It's still the same forum with the same posters. You just need to stop reading all the "F*** Oculus" Threads.