cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time for an announcement

Rosenklotz
Honored Guest
They said the consumer version will be released in 2014. Therefore it would be reasonable to announce a release date (and maybe further details) in the very near future. Hey, Palmer...John... 2013 is almost over, give us a release date.

I guess it will be October 2014. But I want them to confirm NOW...I need a light at the end of the tunnel.
72 REPLIES 72

VRoom
Honored Guest
I'll place a pre-order on a day 1!
I hope they'll go straight to the consumer version and skip DK2. But if they'll release DK2 before, I'll wait for consumer one. DK1 is great anyway, so the waiting pain will be easier;)

Grammernatzi
Honored Guest
They probably will not announce a deadline, especially this early. This isn't a mega-corporation like Nvidia or Microsoft; this is an independent company with barely enough people to do what they're doing. Expect a deadline once they've actually got more shown about it. If you're too impatient, sorry to be blunt, but, sorry.

Rosenklotz
Honored Guest
"Grammernatzi" wrote:
They probably will not announce a deadline, especially this early. This isn't a mega-corporation like Nvidia or Microsoft; this is an independent company with barely enough people to do what they're doing. Expect a deadline once they've actually got more shown about it. If you're too impatient, sorry to be blunt, but, sorry.

This early? Would an announcement in 2013 be early? Ah, come on, they are teasing us for a year or so...we`re all hyped up - now they`ll have to deliver!

The very least one could expect now is smth like
"We`d like to announce that the consumer version will be released in the 4th quarter of 2014, and yes: it will have this fancy 5.5" 2560x1440 display LG developed exclusively for us...yeah, we solved all problems, including blur and screen door effect...the price? As we promised, it will be $299, preorder from January 01/2014 at Amazon. Thank you. Have fun"

We all want to hear that...

wrymn
Honored Guest
"Rosenklotz " wrote:
"Grammernatzi" wrote:

This early? Would an announcement in 2013 be early? Ah, come on, they are teasing us for a year or so...we`re all hyped up - now they`ll have to deliver!

"We`d like to announce that the consumer version will be released in the 4th quarter of 2014, and yes: it will have this fancy 5.5" 2560x1440 display LG developed exclusively for us...yeah, we solved all problems, including blur and screen door effect...the price? As we promised, it will be $299, preorder from January 01/2014 at Amazon. Thank you. Have fun"

I wish I `d be so optimistic as you 🙂

Petrol companies announcing: Well, after long debate we decided to make petrol free for every citizen.

sneakypoo
Honored Guest
Yes, we would all like to hear that. But do you know who would like to hear that even more? Oculus. The guys that would see a f##k ton of money and pre-orders rolling in just based on those few lines of text.

edit: Just to clarify my point. What I meant was the fact that they haven't said anything of the sort is most likely because it's no where near that stage of development yet. They simply do not know and do not wish to set any firm dates. If they had something done/in the pipe I'm sure they would shout it from the roof tops for the reason I posted in the original post.

lostcoaster
Honored Guest
"wrymn" wrote:
"Rosenklotz " wrote:
"Grammernatzi" wrote:

I wish I `d be so optimistic as you 🙂

Petrol companies announcing: Well, after long debate we decided to make petrol free for every citizen.

yeah, free petrol is more realistic I think.

molton
Explorer
"sneakypoo" wrote:
Yes, we would all like to hear that. But do you know who would like to hear that even more? Oculus. The guys that would see a f##k ton of money and pre-orders rolling in just based on those few lines of text.

The Oculus Rift team has not been big on vaporware so far.

Look at the Lifx lightbulb, what a piece of crap, all based on hype, they've been taking preorders since before the Oculus Rift got funding, and they are still taking pre-orders, why are people asking to be scammed, I can't understand.

They say they've shipped a bunch, but I can't find on legitimate review by just some person who actually recieved one.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish this forum didn't have all these impatient gamers demanding this and that for the Rift. We know it will be released in 2014. That should be enough for anyone. Now go bother Valve about Half-Life 3 instead...

Grammernatzi
Honored Guest
"Rosenklotz " wrote:
"Grammernatzi" wrote:

They're not a big company, they can't afford to make an announcement like that. Oculus could consist of less than 15 people for all we know, and their recent 'advancements' include practically duct-taping some 1080p prototypes for testing. They're not even close to even a prototype consumer version yet (which'll have much more than 1080p), why the hell would they 'confirm' anything?