cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Controllers - Thinking Outside the Box

Shalashaska
Explorer
Oculus should of added a touch sensitive button at the base of the handle on the touch controllers. While it may seem like a simple maybe even awkward addition. In VR space it adds for multitude of functions.

-no more flicking for a reload mechanism for guns
-Gives game extra feedback on where your second hand may be at the moment (switching from single hand to duel wielding a sword)
-Can emphasis the need for heavier leavers, ropes, and pulleys that need to be manipulated with two hands.
-Lets say you need to inject your arm/abdomen with a syringe. Just press the base of the controller on your body mimicking the actual action of injecting yourself with a needle
-Gain better accuracy with a pistol by holding it up with two hands where your second hands palm is resting on the underside base of the controller or rest the controller on your arm for that additional accuracy/dmg one shot
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this for Onward:)? I like the idea tho

Greyman
Superstar
OMG, that's just too real.  

I'm on insulin, so get enough actual reality of that injection s**t in real life thank you very much.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greyman said:

OMG, that's just too real.  

I'm on insulin, so get enough actual reality of that injection s**t in real life thank you very much.  🙂

Yup, me too lol. I'm now coming up to 45 so have had diabetes for nearly 40 years! And the worst thing about it all is that I have a syringe phobia! I have regular nightmares about my injections and can't watch injections in films or on the telly because it turns my stomach. I should get myself one of those Nova Pen things I guess.

Greyman
Superstar
 You wont regret it.  those things are so much easier to use than syringes and you wont get such strange looks when you use them in public.  Believe it or not, when i was first diagnosed, only 30 years ago, i used to go into the toilets to inject and then i thought f**k it, why should i be injecting in probably the most unhygienic place, just because peeps might get upset.  But the disposable pens are an absolute must and the insulin that comes in them has moved on too.  Go on, treat yourself, you wont regret it.