cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Buy a Rift S or Quest 6th Dec 2019 *FIXED*

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I have been onto support for you folks and they informed me there is a problem with their servers for sales. Please try later or try a local stockist until issue is fixed, they apologised for the inconvenience 😞 Normal service will resume ASAP. 
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

9 REPLIES 9

chelsietucker
Honored Guest
yeah this is bullshit, trying to buy it, and praying it will ship before Christmas...…...……… cant buy it

FrankCarrino
Honored Guest
@chelsietucker same here... all local stores are out of it, too. 

Aerionix
Honored Guest
So my order went through last week, or at least enough that it sent me a number.   That's all tho.   No charge, no further info, no idea.  So now I figure I'll either cancel the order and try again later or grab from amazon.  Except the website wont let me cancel the order.  Does everything else fine, but when I confirm that cancel, website just hangs and i still have that pending order.  So am I going to just suddenly get dinged for 500 still from these guys at some random point in time if I go buy the thing elsewhere??   Wth..

Sharon3655
Honored Guest

Aerionix said:

So my order went through last week, or at least enough that it sent me a number.   That's all tho.   No charge, no further info, no idea.  So now I figure I'll either cancel the order and try again later or grab from amazon.  Except the website wont let me cancel the order.  Does everything else fine, but when I confirm that cancel, website just hangs and i still have that pending order.  So am I going to just suddenly get dinged for 500 still from these guys at some random point in time if I go buy the thing elsewhere??   Wth..

Impressive!Thanks for the post

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The Oculus store for headsets should now be working.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I'd like to chime in here. Firstly - these things can happen, as we all know - throwing a tantrum won't do anything, but a little understanding goes a long way.

Second - I ordered my Quest from Oculus last week - it took a week to get here (which I am impressed with), but I never got the shipping email with tracking number from Oculus. Big deal - my Quest is here and I'm happy. I suspected I had missed out on the desptach email, but knew for sure when I got a text from Yodel with my tracking number the day before delivery.

Shit happens - we all know it, and we just have to suck it up and press on. Right - back to setting up my Link and having a quick Quest Link v Index comparison day. Unlikely to be as good, but could be well within the acceptable range when the pukka Link cable comes out.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

artiep06
Honored Guest
Ordered mine Tuesday got a # then nothing. Can’t even find an email to send them questions. Just glad I saw this and am now a little bit more hopeful. 

synthkid
Explorer
Loads in Argos stores ?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Yup loads of Quests and Rift S in Argos and Currys and so on 😉