cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial: How to check fps inside Rift

iankemp
Level 3
Didn't find anything here on this topic and FRAPS shows fps in the blind corners.

So step by step:
Use MSI Afterburner
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Start it and go to Settings

There you can choose what you want to see besides Framerate in On Screen Display, so turn on 'in OSD'

In your System Tray you also have the RivaTunerStatisticsServer:

Use this settings and most important the coordinates on the lower right, I use 200 / 200
Edit: For FPS only you can use the RivaTunerStatisticsServer without MSI Afterburner:
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/rtss-rivatuner-statistics-server-download.html
Set the coordinates to around 300x300 and switch on: Show own statistics

Thats it, on the upper left corner you will see your OSD. Note: In Direct HMD Access its showing double fps, so in DK2 you will need 150fps for judder free experience.
17 REPLIES 17

Godmademedoit
Level 2
Excellent, I was wondering how to go about this to monitor performance. Thanks.

jrd3d
Level 3
is that Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon? If so, is it running in the rift?

iankemp
Level 3
"jrd3d" wrote:
is that Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon? If so, is it running in the rift?

With VorpX

cybereality
Level 15
Thanks for the guide.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Rubocop
Level 2
Hooly mooly! Thank you! This is VERY important tool for oculus-divers!
Is there a place some where in this forum, where we can store such useful tips for oculus crowd? Would be sad if this info will lost in forum threads....

merire
Level 2
Thank you, I'll try it asap. That is too bad that we don't have an FPS counter in every game/demo.

Christophe
Level 2
Interesting. I suppose this would work for all Nvidia cards, even non-MSI ones, right?

iankemp
Level 3
Yes, every manufacturer, even AMD Cards.

TrancerSpacey
Level 4
Thank you!! Now I know definitively that my judder or stutter is a framerate issue and I will devinitively need a new PC. 😉

And yes, it works with my palit card too.