cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported countries Warranty problem

z243
Honored Guest
  • Hello so I want to get Oculus quest 2 but my family is not sure because It might just break at some point like after 2 month or so but I am  ordering Oculus quest 2  From Amazon! So they still give refund right? But I am not in supported countries so i asked Oculus if warranty still there they said yes but you gotta ship it to a friend that lives In supported country but I don't have anyone who doesn't live in supported countries so they say no we can't give you refund even so I see at Amazon it says 30 days but it can just die after 2 month! So that's my problem
6 REPLIES 6

mulllermadman
Explorer

It doesn’t really matter because they don’t stand behind their warranty. 

Yeah but my family told me No insurance/warranty = no safety so I really need to be safe here

and it has been like 20 days Talking to oculus and amazon about this shipping thing but there is no soulotain 

kojack
MVP
MVP

If you are in an unsupported region, Oculus won't provide support. You would have to rely on whatever warranty Amazon gave you. The same applies to headsets like the Valve index (it has a few more regions than Oculus, but is still limited).

Camera companies are even more extreme, if you are in a country supported by Canon but you bought your Canon camera from a different region, they won't support it (they check the serial numbers).

Amazon has a habit of doing this, selling things in regions where they aren't supported. They sold the Quest 2 to China, even though China blocks all Facebook connections so the Quest 2 couldn't work.

Valve won't sell or ship to Australia. If I got an Index or a Steam Deck imported here, if anything went wrong I'm screwed. So I won't buy them.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

z243
Honored Guest

Amazon said warranty provided by manufacturers

kojack
MVP
MVP

You can read the Oculus warranty here: https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.2365-6/49630950_615501395581577_8065528336517955584_n.pdf...

It says "This Warranty applies only to those countries to which Facebook Technologies ships and supports."

Those are Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States.

If Amazon is selling products to regions that are explicitly not covered by the manufacturer warranty, it should be up to Amazon to handle everything.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

z243
Honored Guest

That's what I thinked but Amazon said the warranty is provided by manufacturer