cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Oculus Go to Quest 2 - How do I get my paid apps transferred?

sdcinvan
Level 2
I reviewed the instructions on this page (support. oculus. com/ 343060616597701/) - I need to place spaces b/c this forum doesn't allow me to post links. 😞 

But I still cannot find an Oculus Go option. I purchased over $150 in Go apps like Virtual Desktop, Ultrawings, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Ocean Rift, Apollo 11, Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs, Please, Don’t Touch Anything, Star Chart, etc. 

Apparently, I am eligible for free upgrades on all these apps until next month, but how do I get them. When I go to download them, I need to pay for them again.

There is something about not really getting them for "free"... er meaning I must pay for them and get a store credit. So I tested this with Virtual Desktop. I paid $18.39 for the app, but I did not receive a store credit. 😞 

1 REPLY 1

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

sdcinvan said:

I reviewed the instructions on this page (support. oculus. com/ 343060616597701/) - I need to place spaces b/c this forum doesn't allow me to post links. 😞 

But I still cannot find an Oculus Go option. I purchased over $150 in Go apps like Virtual Desktop, Ultrawings, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Ocean Rift, Apollo 11, Angry Birds VR: Isle of Pigs, Please, Don’t Touch Anything, Star Chart, etc. 

Apparently, I am eligible for free upgrades on all these apps until next month, but how do I get them. When I go to download them, I need to pay for them again.

There is something about not really getting them for "free"... er meaning I must pay for them and get a store credit. So I tested this with Virtual Desktop. I paid $18.39 for the app, but I did not receive a store credit. 😞 

Sorry mate but the Quest 2 is not compatible with any Go or Gear apps.  The Quest 1 currently has limited Go/Gear compatibility;

https://support.oculus.com/343060616597701/

The offer for cross-buy's (Go to Quest versions) was over a year ago and is no longer valid.  I have a Go and Quest 1 and to be honest, the 8 or 9 Go games I'm able to use are pretty ordinary because they are limited to a single Quest controller and are only 3dof.

So, if you have a good Go library that you still enjoy you will need to keep it operational.  Oculus says that they will support the Go until end of 2022 but do not expect any software improvements, plus there will not be any new games added to the Go store after end of Dec 2020.

I think now that you have a Quest 2 you are unlikely to want to use your Go all that much.  It's still a very good media viewer and web browser though imho.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro