Did you mean: 

VIVE international price released

maxpare79
Trustee
From the Oculus reddit
Screen-Shot-2016-02-26-at-2.00.43-PM.png

Converted back to usd
43V13Gj.png

F***k me 1149Cad plus taxes man... Seeing the actual number really makes you think... Can't wait to see the shipping cost as well

That CAD exchange rate sucks by the way, it's 1usd = 0.69cad when it should be 1 = 0.74
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner
22 REPLIES 22

Percy1983
Superstar
"Lemming1970" wrote:
"Percy1983" wrote:
Not cool for the Uk either.

An Extra $200 = an extra £190.

A bit of VAT + massive rounding it looks like.

$800 + 20% (VAT) = $960

Can't see ANY rounding up there.

I suppose it depends on rate used.

HTC and Oculus must be using different rates as I applied the Oculus rate and came up with a different answer.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Lemming1970
Rising Star
"Percy1983" wrote:
"Lemming1970" wrote:
"Percy1983" wrote:
Not cool for the Uk either.

An Extra $200 = an extra £190.

A bit of VAT + massive rounding it looks like.

$800 + 20% (VAT) = $960

Can't see ANY rounding up there.

I suppose it depends on rate used.

HTC and Oculus must be using different rates as I applied the Oculus rate and came up with a different answer.

There is no different rate, U.K. VAT is 20%
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Percy1983
Superstar
I mean exchange rate.

EIther Oculus are under charging or HTC are over charging.

I suppose they could have used different day rates but the RIft is getting you more $ per £.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

rogueqd
Protege
"synthetic" wrote:
thats you trying to justify the vive over the rift
im the other way around :ugeek:
Haha, I'm still on the fence, good and not so good with both. Although you're right, I do feel strongly about the Rift shipping charges.

"synthetic" wrote:
... or a galaxy 7 with gearVR...
but its as they say... first world problems
I have an S7/GearVR pre-ordered, so that is calming the urge to swap to Vive since my Rift order is June (or maybe May with cancellations)

First world problems. :ugeek:

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
"sayanbha" wrote:
$149 over base price for NZ. For what tax and shipping. Omg

Doubt shipping is included in the price. I'm really skeptical that shipping would be only $20.

onefang
Explorer
Does AU$ and NZ$ not actually exist? Both VIVA and Rift are quoting US$ prices for Australia and New Zealand.

/me looks in my wallet, sees it is full of AU$, wonders if I can spend any of it in AU anymore?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
"onefang" wrote:
Does AU$ and NZ$ not actually exist? Both VIVA and Rift are quoting US$ prices for Australia and New Zealand.

/me looks in my wallet, sees it is full of AU$, wonders if I can spend any of it in AU anymore?

That there might be other types of dollars is inconceivable to Americans. I mean...They don't even use metric! :lol:

natzVR
Honored Guest
Planning to ship to my brother in china. But that price. 6,888 cny, that's more than 300 dollars more. converted to my local currency(php) =( that is equivalent to 1100 US $!

third world problems :lol:.

onefang
Explorer
"TwoHedWlf" wrote:
"onefang" wrote:

That there might be other types of dollars is inconceivable to Americans. I mean...They don't even use metric! :lol:

USA has been officially metric since 1860 I think it was, but no one told them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just shamingless plug in that...

I TOLD YOU VIVE WAS IN THE SAME BOAT ON THE TAXS! I TOLD YOU!!! MWAHAHAHA!!! Oculus wasn't ripping you guys off at all!

That is all.

Have a good day.