Protege
Nicely packaged!ldzawpdsbjgy.jpg
Box contained;
2 x thin foam pads.
2 x thick foam pads.
Regular interface.
Longer interface for glasses.fqb53yblfbkw.jpg
Plenty of room between glasses and lenses.4edfllyrwib0.jpgcd6o8weuua96.jpg

Received the new facial interfaces and foam replacement pads from VR Cover today.
Just watched a 2 hour movie with the longer interface and thin foam pad.  
Found it a lot more comfortable with the longer interface.  My glasses don't feel as tight on my face and my nose no longer gets pinched.
Would definitely recommend if you wear glasses.
35 REPLIES 35

@Brixmis, thanks for the info. The reason for my thinking about buying these is to make glasses wearing more confirmable as the stock interface already presses the arms against my temples... looks like my wait for a solution isn't over.

It's a shame these didn't have a recess in the foam where glasses arms can pass as per the Vive, seems like that would have been a simple solution. I suppose I could use one of the interfaces to mount my own foam design but that would kind of defeat the purpose!

Funmotion
Protege

@Brixmis, thanks for the info. The reason for my thinking about buying these is to make glasses wearing more confirmable as the stock interface already presses the arms against my temples... looks like my wait for a solution isn't over.

It's a shame these didn't have a recess in the foam where glasses arms can pass as per the Vive, seems like that would have been a simple solution. I suppose I could use one of the interfaces to mount my own foam design but that would kind of defeat the purpose!

I think they had to rush since they were already two months late and over, but at least they did not do a bad job on them this time.  I think since Widmovr came out it pushed them to make sure they do it right

Psychokiller999
Honored Guest
and the glasses interface version reduces FOV comparing it over the stock version of the rift? I would like to know if this will impact on the fov negatively because I'm interested in buying one.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
The FOV is reduced slightly when using the glasses version, but tbh I didn't notice it much, because of the way it looks with specs on. You do notice the difference with the non-glasses version, though.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

kwild
Explorer
Who have any idea when they will be available for non kickstarters?
i5 4670K@4,4Ghz -- 2x SLI MSI 970 Gaming 4G (Nvidia 358.50) -- ASUS Maximus Extreme VI -- 8GB G.Skill Ares F3-2133C9D-8GAB -- Windows 10 PRO x64 -- Windows Defender Antivirus

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
They said "in a few weeks".

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
I just ordered this one
https://vrcover.com/product/oculus-rift-facial-interface-foam-replacement-standard-set/?attribute_fa...

The standard oculus face pad sucks bad.... especially on a hot sweaty day

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Yeh so did I recieve it.
But it does not sit properly in the nose area and I had to make some modifications to make it stick down as there was no velcro strip in that area.
I found it hard to breathe.

A-hole postage guy left it at my front door. My neighbourhood is so dodgy..

Funmotion
Protege
This is a reason why I am being patient for Things4vr.com to release there foam facial interface. 

Bel-garath
Expert Protege

kwild said:

Im a bit sceptic about that company, their first version cover was a piece of crap, they must offer a discount for the v1 cover users, at least!

I just ordered the Premium kit and I mentioned to them that I only used the 1st cover twice. I didn't get any discount. All the did was say I'll be happier with these which I had them ship express. Still waiting for my tracking number though. If I get a negative impression this time, I'll never order from them again. We shall see.