- no controller bundled - no audio integrated - no additional hardware - available now in production quantities - for mass market - and cheap
That is Gear VR! 😛
- Is it not so good as CV1? - But it is cheap, mass product and ready to buy in any quantities. Cheap will be not be same as CV1.
- Have it not enough processing power? - But you could pre-render 3D animations in cloud or on PC and send 2D sprite animation into GearVR (esp. for defined camera path movement like roll-coaster or solar space demo )
- Need something more like DK2 for PC? - But you already have DK2!
- Is it not for business? - But there are other VeiRdDevices (DK2 compatible). And will come more.
That was joking 🙂 But why you will not consider Gear VR as a primary business device for now?
I do not. A polished DK2 with CV1 look and ergonomics would actually be a very nice lower-mid grade option, but I can understand Oculus wanting to stop using off the shelf parts and to avoid fragmenting the market.