RobHermans
Superstar
Visit https://vr-lens-lab.com and click "Shop Now" to begin placing your order:
  • Adapters only = €10
  • Lenses only = €20 for plain PLUS €29 for prescription = €49
  • Adapters&lenses = €30 for plain PLUS €29 for prescription = €59
  • Blueguard Coating upgrade only: €30
[all options are available for both Rift and Vive]

If you need prescription lenses outside of the range they offer, you can be accommodated... for an additional €29.

The store will be open to everyone in a few weeks, around the beginning of July.
I have ordered Rift adapters with prescription lenses, and will order a set of adapters with plain lenses for my "guests". B)

If you're new to this product, check out this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2IMNwFAnR0

EDIT: spelling correction / clarified pricing
90 REPLIES 90

inovator
Consultant
Glasses make fov a little smaller since your eyes aren't as close to the lens. The quesion is with the lens lab product will the same thing happen?

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
I ordered 2 sets, one for my Rift and another for my Vive.  I opted to just get the regular lenses, as a way to protect the lenses on my HMD.  Didn't want to shell out for prescription lenses, since I've had a lot of bad luck ordering lenses online for astigmatism.  My eyes are shaped a little weird, so the lenses need to be extremely high quality or my vision is still blurry.  It's a real pain, as it means the eyewear I buy tends to be quite expensive.

I might consider getting prescription lenses at a later time from my optometrist, as I know he can order lenses which work for me.

RobHermans
Superstar

inovator said:

Glasses make fov a little smaller since your eyes aren't as close to the lens. The quesion is with the lens lab product will the same thing happen?

The only eye relief adjustment on CV1 is using the tilt of the HMD. As I'm sure you know, the design is not the same as DK2 in that respect, meaning that the CV1's lenses are always about the same distance from your eyes. If your eyelashes are already very close to the lenses (bulging eyes), then you will have very little space to use either normal glasses or the VR Lens Lab product, and you should consider using contacts instead.

goldenegg said:

I ordered 2 sets, one for my Rift and another for my Vive.  I opted to just get the regular lenses, as a way to protect the lenses on my HMD.  Didn't want to shell out for prescription lenses, since I've had a lot of bad luck ordering lenses online for astigmatism.  My eyes are shaped a little weird, so the lenses need to be extremely high quality or my vision is still blurry.  It's a real pain, as it means the eyewear I buy tends to be quite expensive.

I might consider getting prescription lenses at a later time from my optometrist, as I know he can order lenses which work for me.

I'm in the same boat as you @goldenegg, it took Boots Opticians here in the UK three attempts to arrive at lenses that were acceptable for my vision... primarily because very small differences in the distance from eye to lens results in big difference in quality of vision for me... I even ended up getting a second opinion from a local optician to verify the numbers and advise me.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure, now that I have the final prescription for glasses that the numbers should be right to give to VR Lens Lab provided that their lenses end up being the same distance from my eyes (the process of producing the lenses should be less of a problem than arriving at the correct prescription in the first place).

zwawz0oo6msw.jpg

This pic shows the distance that my glasses are to the Rift lenses (these are glasses that have the arms removed and are Blue-Tacked into the Rift), in this position the glasses are the same distance from my eyes as they would be if I were wearing them normally so the prescription works well. If the VR Lens Lab Lenses are in a slightly different position then the prescription will be slightly off and would need to be adjusted (less strong if nearer the eye or stronger if further away). This is probably only an issue for people like us with strong prescriptions or astigmatisms.

@RobHermans, it would be great if you can take a pic of the VR Lens Labs lenses fitted, to compare the position!

RobHermans
Superstar

DaftnDirect said:
@RobHermans, it would be great if you can take a pic of the VR Lens Labs lenses fitted, to compare the position!

Yes, I can do that, no problem.

Snowmannumbertw
Explorer
Hey all, i just ordered my adapters. didn't get Rx lens though. as just like some have stated the vertex distance is going to be different when the adapter is installed.

I do work for a huuuuge optical company in the USA, obviously do not speak for them at all, but  we are about to be selling blue lens in house as well. and not to take away from these amazing guys, but we can cut the lens in house from a trusted company as well, so for convenience reasons if the lens doesn't work out we can just cut them again for you. so no need to worry about online ordering of lens.
my particular lab location has experience with cutting and mounting Rx'd google glass and holo lens inserts. as well as custom PC glasses with adjusted prisms and scripts to allow for a "zoned out' experience, where your eye muscles are not even working to focus.

I have tried to email these guys too with some questions about Optical center heights, prism and such. but once i have the inserts in my own hand i can work out the kinks with lens manufacturing, and bring it up to my corporate Rx optical heads. and maybe they can talk to the VR lens guys on a business level.

Percy1983
Superstar
Anybody had any updates on the rift lens design?, I want some but of course can't order.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

gplaurin
Protege

Percy1983 said:

Anybody had any updates on the rift lens design?, I want some but of course can't order.

I think they pulled their Rift adapter since it was not well secured into place. Mine keeps moving when I move my head, or just plain falling off...

Warbloke
Superstar

I wear contact lenses instead of glasses so fortunately I don't need these.

I will be 100% honest though - given the incredibly poor fit and quality of this companies VR covers (Speaking from personal experience having bought them) - if I did need lenses, Id avoid buying from this same place again for fear their attention to detail / fit and build is equally as poor.

I personally wouldn't give this company any more of my money - until at least such time as I start to see more positive reviews of their stuff - as so far is it fair to say that 'most' people think their products are poor - and those who don't feel its just better than nothing (as its the only thing out there, so a bad option is acceptable as its currently the only option ?

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

mbze430
Rising Star
I had an email conversation with them last week.  Their best guest is one month, but still not sure how current owners will be compensated, if at all.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe