cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Multiplayer idea?

AuraNova
Honored Guest
Throwing this out there. Wouldn't it be cool for Oculus to have a multiplayer lobby? Just a lobby with basic interactions, more like a chat room really, with the possibility for minigames like Racing or whatnot.

Even those with the hydra and its accuracy, could start playing tennis is surreal fantasy environments... the list goes on.

Amazing textures, amazing animations... And fun repayable content (even if there is little of it) would be an awesome start for multiplayer.

any thoughts on this? this is a general discussion 😛
5 REPLIES 5

dead4sure
Adventurer
I think you have a good idea there! An online hub for Rift users would be very cool! I've logged on to the oculus TF2 server many times and haven't seen a single person on it yet! It would be great to be able to share experiences with other Rifters!

meanfig
Honored Guest
I second that idea of having a sort of overlay over any oculus supported title, where other users could share screen shots and message each other and maybe some sort of friends list or DEV profile page so we can communicate in game with each other to further better content with a more direct communication.
I GOT'S TWO!

GuileSN
Honored Guest
It's an interesting idea indeed !

It would be nice to have like a room where we spawn and have many doors around us, where each of them would represent a multiplayer game/demo which we could call other players to join, too ! It would even be nicer if it was possible to download/buy such games/demos directly from inside the main lobby hall 🙂

dead4sure
Adventurer
"GuileSN" wrote:
It's an interesting idea indeed !

It would be nice to have like a room where we spawn and have many doors around us, where each of them would represent a multiplayer game/demo which we could call other players to join, too ! It would even be nicer if it was possible to download/buy such games/demos directly from inside the main lobby hall 🙂

Anyone know anything about networking? lol It should be pretty easy to knock together a simple level with doors/portals! The hard part would be getting it to work as multiplayer! I haven't tried anything like that in unity but I did see it perhaps has some kind of multiplayer networking support!

A possible solution may be to have a single map with different areas sectioned off for different kinds of gameplay. Or perhaps you could all run around in one large map testing out any newly integrated tools/vehicles etc? I imagine It would be quite fun to see people flying/driving/skydiving/exploring all at the same time! :geek:

MrGeddings
Explorer
another thought is just to find a game that people can join together like say a minecraft server for Oculus Rift users or something like that would be fun too though youd prob want to use teamspeak or something like that to "chat". 😛 but yeah. would be fun to play games together in VR for sure!