Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR World Record: 36 Continuous Hrs in VR

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
10 REPLIES 10

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer
I beat 36 hours last time I imbibed too much of the old 'Jamaican Old Holborn' (and fell asleep in some VR 3D cinema with the Star Trek 'Beyond' closing credits on a loop) 🙂
Just kidding...well done that lad!
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
@CodeTen68 the first time I feel asleep in VR I woke up confused  😄

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
I've fallen asleep in VR watching Twitch streams in a cinema environment.  It is a bit weird to wake up from sleep into a VR setting.

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
that cant be healthy...

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer

I've fallen asleep in VR watching Twitch streams in a cinema environment.  It is a bit weird to wake up from sleep into a VR setting.

Yup...its quite disorientating when its daylight when you put the headset on and pitch dark when you take it off lol
When Einstein was asked how it felt to be the smartest man on Earth, he replied, “I wouldn’t know. Ask Nikola Tesla”.

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
It would be interesting if it could detect when you fell asleep and played music or something that would help you relax or influence the type of dream you wanted to have. It would be even better if it could detect you waking up and put you in a VR environment similar to the type of dream you wanted to be in. Don't worry guys, I'll get working on that  B)

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

CodeTen68 said:

Yup...its quite disorientating when its daylight when you put the headset on and pitch dark when you take it off lol

I've had this happen as well.  Completely light in the house at the beginning.  Pull off headset later - completely dark and empty room.  Very weird.

WreckLuse68
Heroic Explorer

Kevinaki said:

It would be interesting if it could detect when you fell asleep and played music or something that would help you relax or influence the type of dream you wanted to have. It would be even better if it could detect you waking up and put you in a VR environment similar to the type of dream you wanted to be in. Don't worry guys, I'll get working on that  B)

Will those eye tracking devices do that maybe?

Kevinaki
Heroic Explorer
That is very likely that those devices would be able to trigger an event after detecting your eyes have been shut for a period of time and another when opening. I'm getting pretty excited just thinking of the possibilities. Kind of like the Jetsons.