Not applicable

KlodsBrik said:

SteamVR beta update:
Index controllers now support full finger tracking in steamvr:

Nice!
I am so interested in the Index.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can't wait to see the specs and price of valve index when you factor in base stations, or does it come bundle with base stations and controllers?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
They’re offering several options: headset only, headset and controllers, controllers only, base stations only, and full bundle (headset, controllers, and base stations). There are Steamdb entries for those combinations (but no known prices yet, obviously). 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

ParadoxAnomaly
Expert Protege
I’m hoping the full bundle comes in at under £800. And Knuckles for less than £200.

Roll on May 1st.

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
I predict $1K for full bundle.
 But honestly rahter wear this and pick onions as entertainment. 😛

Be good, die great !

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I think they need to get the bundle under 600 unless they’re bringing some revolutionary new feature to market. If it’s just a Vive Pro equivalent, it’s not worth double the price of Rift S. I know there’s some crazy speculation floating around (super-high resolution, eye tracking, wireless, brain interface), but until details are announced, none of that means anything. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

nalex66 said:

I think they need to get the bundle under 600 unless they’re bringing some revolutionary new feature to market. If it’s just a Vive Pro equivalent, it’s not worth double the price of Rift S. I know there’s some crazy speculation floating around (super-high resolution, eye tracking, wireless, brain interface), but until details are announced, none of that means anything. 

Wireless brain what? What's all that about then? Anything over £800 with eye tracking and base stations is asking to much. without eye tracking, it should be no more then £650 with high res displays & base stations included.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

KlodsBrik said:

I predict $1K for full bundle.
 But honestly rahter wear this and pick onions as entertainment. 😛

I suspect it won't be the Onions that makes people's eyes water when they find out the price of Valve index. I hope I'm wrong though.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Reddit is full of speculation that Index will include a brain control interface (controlling your game with brainwaves). Wireless is another feature that has been rumoured—in another thread here, @ParadoxAnomaly listed it off like it was an announced inclusion. 

The eye tracking rumour is based on a patent that Valve has. If it was real and it was useful (i.e. tied into the also-rumoured foveated rendering feature in SteamVR), I might go up to $800, but if this is a standard HMD with improved optics and ergonomics, then $600 is my ceiling price. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@nalex66 - Are these rumours from well know sources or just from people like ParadoxAnomaly hoping things like this will be included?