cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall mounting touch sensors?

bsselp
Protege
Is it possible to wall mount the sensors like the vive sensors are placed?
16 REPLIES 16

maxpare79
Trustee
Sure just buy a standard articulated 1/4 camera mount
Something like this
https://www.amazon.ca/HDE-Swivel-Bracket-Security-Camera/dp/B005H1W4LA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=148132...
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

assettomio
Adventurer
Is that screw size the exact same as that of the sensor stand?

bsselp
Protege
Also, will mounting the sensor upside down from the ceiling still work or will the sensor think you're upside down?

Percy1983
Superstar

maxpare79 said:

Sure just buy a standard articulated 1/4 camera mount
Something like this
https://www.amazon.ca/HDE-Swivel-Bracket-Security-Camera/dp/B005H1W4LA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=148132...

I have 2 of those exact items (in black in my case) ready to go, I haven't put them up yet but can confirm they fit and are big enough.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

AQfumes
Adventurer

bsselp said:

Also, will mounting the sensor upside down from the ceiling still work or will the sensor think you're upside down?

I have both mine mounted on the ceiling and they track correctly (No upside-down screen), and I didn't have to change anything in the settings for it to work.

Also both of my sensors are mounted more than 6 ft apart and still track very good - I've had no tracking problems, so far.

ssahnan
Protege

I did this yesterday to my two sensors....Rocketfish from best buy.  You've got to put some thought into getting ones that'll get you the right angle as far as getting the sensors to point out from the wall given the articulation or lack there of the sensors have.  It's an odd fit so again, give some thought to the mount you decide to go with to make sure it truly will serve your needs.

994rcbc79d11.jpg

bsselp
Protege

ssahnan said:

I did this yesterday to my two sensors....Rocketfish from best buy.  You've got to put some thought into getting ones that'll get you the right angle as far as getting the sensors to point out from the wall given the articulation or lack there of the sensors have.  It's an odd fit so again, give some thought to the mount you decide to go with to make sure it truly will serve your needs.

994rcbc79d11.jpg

That one looks good! Do you have the full name of the mount? I cant seem to find it on amazon.

ssahnan
Protege

bsselp said:

ssahnan said:

994rcbc79d11.jpg

That one looks good! Do you have the full name of the mount? I cant seem to find it on amazon.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/rocketfish-tilting-wall-mounts-for-most-small-speakers-2-pack-black/5149...

assettomio
Adventurer

ssahnan said:

How did you get the cameras on/in those mounts? I don't see any screw or anything on there, do you have to put them inside or something?