cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What all are the good Local Multiplayer games for Oculus Rift?

connectingreali
Honored Guest
Hi,

We have two PC each having Oculus Rift setup completed. Two questions.

1 What all are the local multiplayer games available?

2. Is there any extra setup required for playing over LAN?

8 REPLIES 8

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
I think you've placed yourself in a niche within a small niche.  Since each Rift needs its own computer and since using a Rift essentially removes you from your local environment, the market for LAN games is going to be exceedingly small.  What's the point in being local if the Rift makes you feel local no matter the distance?
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

HiThere_
Superstar
I suggest you try out "Rec Room", which is not local but should work out great.

connectingreali
Honored Guest
There are lot of use cases of LAN multiplayer I believe. Lets say I want to play a multiplayer with my friend at my home. Why would I waste all my internet data, if he is just sitting next to me and I can use LAN for connecting to his PC?

connectingreali
Honored Guest
Also, I am seeing a lot of VR LAN party events when I google, and I wonder, what games they are playing and what setup they are using. Anyways, with that, I hope you agree that, it is not really a niche within a niche scenario.  :#

meuliano
Honored Guest
LATE FOR WORK! The best VR LAN game for oculus by far!

MowTin
Expert Trustee

There are lot of use cases of LAN multiplayer I believe. Lets say I want to play a multiplayer with my friend at my home. Why would I waste all my internet data, if he is just sitting next to me and I can use LAN for connecting to his PC?

Are you paying for Internet data per Gb? 

Otherwise any P2P game would work just fine. I would recommend From Other Suns. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2

Fuzzydragon
Protege
Keep Talking and Nobody explodes is a great time local asymmetric multiplayer since it requires only 1 headset and even non gamer family members can have fun much like a boardgame experiance...strangely this game has no online but I guess you could do it through skype.

Digikid1
Consultant
Rec Room, Echo Arena, Star Trek Bridge Crew, 

so many too chose!!!!!