cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I buying?

Standos
Sightseer
So i'm a potential customer of the £399 Oculus Rift on the main page, I just wanted to know what I got in that bundle, I know I would receive the controllers but when I go on accessories and scroll down it starts recommending me more stuff. I know to have 360 degree movement you need 3 sensors or something like that, so how many would I get in the normal bundle?
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Welcome to the forums! 🙂

You get a Rift, two sensors and the Touch controllers. You can do 360 tracking with each sensor in opposite corners but you'll get some occlusion every now and then if one or more of your Touch controllers are out of view of the sensors, so three sensors gives you better tracking.

If you've never experienced VR before your mind will be well and truly blown. B)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 180 degree setup - I can turn either left or right with no real problems, and I can look behind me with no issues as well. Things do go wonky when I have my back to the sensors - I had to quit Accounting VR because it made me sick (world was bouncing around to much and it was hard to get my bearings) - on a side note, I really wish they would update Accounting VR for a standing experience (I think it is on PSVR in this form) because Justin Roiland is a comedic genius (play them bones). I am planning on getting a 3rd sensor sometime this year.

Standos
Sightseer
Thanks for the information guys, truly appreciated. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Yeah  - I also use 2 sensors for 360° tracking and so far have had not a single problem.

I do get an error message in Home often, that one of my sensors isn't tracking well, but this is entirely down to using it sitting at my desk (for flight sims etc), which is further away from the rear sensor - when stood doing full roomscale stuff, the tracking is spot on.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

RattyUK
Trustee
The package you buy is great from the moment it is set up and the software and games installed.  Adding a third sensor makes room scale tracking easier than with 2 and in my opinion worth the extra money (even if you play seated as I do most of the time - a swivel chair and headset makes for some 'interesting' occlusion issues!) if your budget allows it.

Be prepared for some real surprises if you do buy - word descriptions don't even get close to the amazement when you don the headset for the first time!
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

DTH
Heroic Explorer

RattyUK said:

The package you buy is great from the moment it is set up and the software and games installed.  Adding a third sensor makes room scale tracking easier than with 2 and in my opinion worth the extra money (even if you play seated as I do most of the time - a swivel chair and headset makes for some 'interesting' occlusion issues!) if your budget allows it.

Be prepared for some real surprises if you do buy - word descriptions don't even get close to the amazement when you don the headset for the first time!

Also, any videos that you have seen will not seem real after you step into VR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep I am planning on getting the 3rd sensor.

The whole experience is great - even the suit case box it comes in is very nice too, even better than Apple packaging I'd say (at least on par with it).