cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are Oculous going to do about the USB 3.0 sensor disconnect problem?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I am asking this in General in the hope someone has the answer to this question. Oculus seem to be quite about the subject and if this continues then I'm going to have to return my CV1 soon. I have a highend computer that only uses usb 3.0 ports, but the sensor is connecting and disconnecting when I'm using these ports. A while back, I also purchased a usb 3.0 card because that is what Oculus suggested everyone use, but I'm getting the same disconnect problem using the card they recommended.

The only thing that has got the sensor working again is to plug it into a powered 2.0 usb hub, but this isn't good enough given I purchased all the highend stuff Oculus recommended and now it doesn't doesn't work. So my question is this, is Oculus now going to tell people to use usb 2.0 ports? If they are then I'll have to send my CV1 back. I have a highend computer that uses 3.0 usb ports not 2.0 ports.
51 REPLIES 51

cybereality
Grand Champion
We are investigating the situation now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

We are investigating the situation now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for answering this Cyber, but when do they expect to have this fixed? Usually when there is a fault of this magnitude on a consumer device a patch quickly follows. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I don't know when it will be fixed, because we still don't know what the problem is and have been unable to reproduce on our test machine. We are looking into it, though.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How come the logs people have sent in don't show the problem?

Dami_Valorton
Honored Guest
possible it comes from using the Oculus SDK debug app to boost desity.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Anyone reporting the problem, it is very important to share with us the LogGatherer log zip file from your computer. We are trying to pinpoint the issue and have not yet been able to reproduce. The log files you upload will directly help us solve this problem. Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Cyber are you aware that this disconnect and reconnect is only happening when the headset is removed? It works fine when I'm wearing it if I use 3.0 usb ports.

UnFknBLievable
Expert Protege
Having this issue as well. Highly frustrating and have been unable to do any VR racing because of this.

I got a Z170-AR motherboard, Windows 10 updated with all USB power management disabled in device manager, tried swapping USB ports v3 and v2, tried plugging the sensor in my monitor (usb3 compatible) and still having intermittent disconnect/reconnect issues.

The other problem I have been having is while in-game, my viewing position randomly jumps to different viewing angles every 3-5 seconds.

Need fixed!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Don't think it's related to power. I've just purchased a powered usb 3.0 hub and my sensor is still disconnecting and reconnecting using that.

@cyber I sent my logs in to support 2 days ago and they said they would get back to me. I haven't heard anything back since then.