cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats happened to Lone Echo 2?

Antonyvw
Protege
As the title says what has happened to Lone Echo 2? I havent seen any info since they said it was delayed till this year. But we are now in 3rd quarter and still no new news since telling us delays due to Covid-19. Is it still happening? When are we likely to see it?
27 REPLIES 27

pyroth309
Visionary

Not sure you can base success on the reviews though for Lone Echo 1 maybe the PC master race are just lazy buggers. I never post reviews.

I'm guilty of that. I own more than a couple hundred VR games and I think I've left like 5 reviews on the sites between Rift and Steam and Quest games. I don't really get anything out of it and usually don't feel like collecting my thoughts to post about it when I can jump into the next game.

I've posted more reviews on this forum honestly than I have anywhere else because the feedback is more useful since I trust several peoples opinions here instead of just a random guy on the internet commenting. 

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

RuneSR2 said:

RedRizla said:

saami81 said:

RuneSR2 said:

Not sure you can base success on the reviews though for Lone Echo 1 maybe the PC master race are just lazy buggers. I never post reviews.

Sure, I think we counted that 1 in 40 persons rated Alyx on Steam - so about 25k ratings when SteamSpy said 1 million users owned the game. That ratio may of course differ from game to game - but still might give us some idea of the connection between sales and ratings. If I remember correctly, estimates based on other games was from 1/20 to 1/100 users writing a review, so there may be large variations, but seeing that Lone Echo has gotten like 1/3 of the ratings given to Total Recall I doubt that Lone Echo has been even close to being as successful as Beat Saber. This may be because Lone Echo needs a much bigger rig to shine than even Total Recall and especially Beat Saber. And nausea may limit Lone Echo users too. 

I think Zuck found out that by supporting Lone Echo - and other games requiring high-end rigs - he was really making games for the top 1% (or less) of gamers. Making owners of high-end gpus happy is not the way to get 1 billion people to adopt VR, unfortunately. I'm sure that today Oculus would never have paid for Lone Echo 2 - or it would have been totally dumbed down for mobile VR, and I really hope that's not what's causing the current delay. 

What Total Recal has to do with this? Am i missing some good VR game?

Nothing, but it did make me LMAO. 😄

I heard Predator VR is good too. 😄 😛

Well, it was something with Recall ... B) 

I'm going to start calling Lone Echo, Lone Ranger. 😄 😛

Funny thing is, I have called Robo Recall, Total Recall, on a number of occasions now. When friends have tested VR at my house, I often ask them if they want to see Total Recall lol.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm, as long as it isn't getting Questified...

https://www.vrfocus.com/2020/10/ready-at-dawn-still-diligently-working-on-lone-echo-ii-no-release-da...

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lone Echo 2 to for Oculus seems too little too late.

RodBrett
Honored Guest
I hope it still comes out soon. The 20 minutes of it I played at the Oculus Connect event awhile back was good and felt pretty polished. I even noticed a lot of graphics improvements. Looked amazing and played really well. They definitely did one of the most impressive digital humans in VR next to Half Life Alyx's Russell character. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

dburne said:

Lone Echo 2 to for Oculus seems too little too late.

That's what someone once said about Quest when it was first released. Yet look how that turned out.

Lone Echo 2 will find a bunch of Quest + Link/VD consumers ready to purchase and enjoy it in all its glory. 

saami81
Rising Star
Some people in internet claim that Lone echo 1 and 2 will come to Quest 2 and thats why delay. Personally i dont think its even possible. There is just not enough processing power. I have also heard same thing about Asgards wrath lol.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It perfectly makes sense that Lone Echo 2 takes 3 - 4 years to make - devs often underestimate how much time it takes to make such games. Going through Lone Echo again, the game does feel smaller - but gets big and opens up if you try to find all cubesats and do all subquests. Devs already said Lone Echo 2 would be significantly bigger than the original, and it did take several years to make Lone Echo.  
I'd greatly prefer that Lone Echo 2 does not get rushed, but that devs get time to make the best quality they can. 
Could be the last big push from Oculus to PCVR, at least for some years…

I still need to finish Asgard's Wrath, Saints & Sinner, Boneworks and Stormland - among many other games - I'm in no rush, lol. So much content and so little time (and need to read forum posts too!)... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"