cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the latest news from Insomniac?

Nacaryus
Level 5
Are they going ahead with not developing any more games for Oculus because of what Palmer did?
5 REPLIES 5

Comic_Book_Guy
Level 9
He didn't "do" anything. Palmer is a person like any one of us with his own opinions and political views. It would be silly to not support a platform because of what someone in the industry said or did. He's probably staying away after being treated like crap on Reddit.

Nacaryus
Level 5
Well i am misunderstood perhaps, i did not judge him ! I think it is very silly too, but that is what they said as far as i remember !

inovator
Level 12
If a developer chooses not to develop for us due to Politics screw them.

AndyW1384
Level 7
As far as I can tell they never said they wouldn't develop more games for the Oculus platform.

They condemned all forms of hate speech, and said "While everyone has a right to express his or her political opinion, the behavior and sentiments repo..."

Did they actually say, anywhere, that they weren't going to be developing any more games for the Oculus platform? Or is the original poster confusing them with another development studio?

Zenbane
Level 16

He didn't "do" anything.
because of what someone in the industry said or did

So he didn't do anything but there is an issue with what he did? Engrish?

Yes, Palmer did do something, he funded a hate-group which clearly offended some folks. It didn't offend me, I don't give a shit. But to say he didn't "do" anything is fairly naive.

AndyW1384 said:

As far as I can tell they never said they wouldn't develop more games for the Oculus platform.

They condemned all forms of hate speech, and said "While everyone has a right to express his or her political opinion, the behavior and sentiments repo..."

Did they actually say, anywhere, that they weren't going to be developing any more games for the Oculus platform? Or is the original poster confusing them with another development studio?

I'm glad to see that developers realize the only real people impacted by abandoning Oculus are those non-hate-speech supporting personnel. Lucky already received his money from the Facebook buyout. Shunning the Oculus Platform might impact his future wealth, but not his current riches. It would, however, impact all those who work at Oculus and didn't receive a dime from the Facebook acquisition.

I think it was more about the "message" that developers wanted to send to Facebook, Oculus, Palmer, and Zuckerberge. The message has been clearly received, because Zuckerberge has been very outspoken politically, expressing views in stark contrast to those of Palmer. Plus, Lucky has been completely quiet ever since this information was exposed.

I don't judge Palmer nor Oculus on this at all. I just acknowledge the "cause and effect" that comes with choices in life.