Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can i order from austria?

Spaske
Honored Guest
As the Title say.

Do anyone know any info on that?
Because i can order to germany to my cousin but if it will be avaible soon in austria then i wait and order it directly to my adress.
12 REPLIES 12

Thomixioso
Honored Guest
Hey, can you order one also for me? Prague - Czech Rep. 🙂

Oculus, please give us info about this. Let us go on VRparty too!
Thanks, Tomas.

Myrskalle
Protege
There is no available info. When more countries are added it'll most likely be announced.

Thomixioso
Honored Guest
some fresh words from Palmer's AMA.

Q: I live in Switzerland, when does my country to become shippable? I'm sure everybody in a non shippable country has the same question 🙂

A: We are trying to expand our shipping list as fast as possible, Korea is one of the current top priorities. I wish we could ship everywhere, but 20 countries is already super hard.

EisernSchild
Explorer
What Palmer says is simply one-eyed and ignorant. He does even speak about Korea (!!) when the you ask him about Switzerland !!

I more and more think the Oculus guys would need >10 Minutes to find either Austria or Switzerland on a world map.

It makes no difference wether you ship to Sweden, Finland or to Portugal, Austria. All these countries share the CE marking. (maybe Switzerland is different... not EU)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking

And the top of that all : You cannot order using a verified PayPal account if you do not add a Credit Card ! Sorry, i'm really uncomplaining, but eventually they force me to buy a competitors HMD.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"EisernSchild" wrote:

And the top of that all : You cannot order using a verified PayPal account if you do not add a Credit Card ! Sorry, i'm really uncomplaining, but eventually they force me to buy a competitors HMD.

Wouldn't they also have the same issues and also be more in a limited supply:)? If I remember right, Vive wont have a big supply at all and then there is the fact they just recently made some changes to the HMD meaning that'll take some time added to their work load.

onefang
Explorer
"EisernSchild" wrote:
I more and more think the Oculus guys would need >10 Minutes to find either Austria or Switzerland on a world map.

Oculus is a USA company, USA people are well known for not being any good at geography outside of their own country. Lots of them seem to think the world starts in LA and ends in NY.

j82k
Explorer
"EisernSchild" wrote:

Uhm i did my pre-order using paypal and i don't have a credit card attached to it. :?

Brynjolf70
Honored Guest
I would also be very much interested in shipping to Austria, it was not an issue with the DK2 and I am planning to obtain the retail Rift soon!

onefang
Explorer
"onefang" wrote:
"EisernSchild" wrote:

Oculus is a USA company, USA people are well known for not being any good at geography outside of their own country. Lots of them seem to think the world starts in LA and ends in NY.

Actually, I'd go one step further - many can't tell the difference between Austria and Australia. Might be why the later is on the list, but not the former.