cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will asyncronos space warp be released to the Commuinty ? With Touch ?

stevesideas
Explorer
Just wondering.
53 REPLIES 53

mbze430
Rising Star
I *think* they said that the SDK will be available toward the beginning of 2017, so the runtime will be the same.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Space warp?

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

TwoHedWlf said:

Space warp?

Basically time warp, but for positional tracking. Mainly aimed at helping weaker pc's cope with the 90 fps.

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
They said it was going to be included in a release of the Rift Runtime, so it would automatically work for everyone and all software.

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Yes, but I assume it would have much less effect on beats pcs that already get the frames. Possible that it could just give everyone more headroom to up pixel density further, so it may benefit everyone anyway.

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
I seriously doubt that Oculus will change their current requirement that all software in Oculus Home run at 90fps without help on the recommended specs, and sure hope they don't. I don't want to run at 45fps upscaled to 90, I bought a decent computer so I wouldn't have to.

Godrichman
Explorer
Its already in the 1.8 sdk but you have to activate it manually at the moment.

pittsburghjoe
Protege
right now! ..if you use Nvidia https://twitter.com/VRDesktop/status/784164689533997057

https://twitter.com/BinaryLegend/status/784164517022343169

i7 skylake, EVGA Classified, 2 EVGA 980 sc's, Thermaltake TR2 RX(1000W), 32GB DDR4, Win 10 on an SSD

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seriously doubt that Oculus will change their current requirement that all software in Oculus Home run at 90fps without help on the recommended specs, and sure hope they don't. I don't want to run at 45fps upscaled to 90, I bought a decent computer so I wouldn't have to.

All games will run at 45fps using ASW frames alternately automatically, all PCs will be doing considerably less work whether you have a powerful PC or not. You won't even notice that this is happening the way I've understood things.

This is great for VR because it considerably lowers the price of entry for PCVR so that more people can afford to get into it. I've also spent a fortune building a Beast of a machine (i7 6700K, 32GB of DDR4 and a 1080) but this ASW will allow those of us with more powerful machines to supersample games to a higher level so our money is still well spent.