cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to post Steering Wheel Question ?

Level 2
Hi all, hope everyone is well/safe...
Dinosaur here, please be gentle.
Got the Oculus Rift Touch for when the grandkids visit . Mostly takes care of itself .
I did get the Thrustmaster TMX PRO Steering wheel for them , but can't get the Oculus & TMX to get along . As in game loads, but wheel/pedals  do nothing .
Oculus told me to contact Thrustmaster, which I did . Thrustmaster told me to contact Oculus , which I had . Couple rounds with both. Both said it wasn't their problem.
Have the latest Firmware for the TMX .
Did this;  On PC , Game Controllers , double-click on the name of  product and then check if all axes and buttons are working correctly.  All did .

Wheel test was ok .Tried multiple USB ports.  ( No problem with HOTAS for flying . )   

Any direction on my problem or where best to post will be greatly appreciated .

Have 2 days to figure it out or they are sending me to the " bad " home  !

Thanks for looking !

6 REPLIES 6

lensmandave
Level 9
Well, first of all, what game(s) are you trying to use the Wheel with?
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

DaftnDirect
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Yeah I was going to ask the same. Different racing sims have different wheel support but generally it's easier to set up the wheel using the monitor option in the game, check it's working ok first, then it should work in VR just the same. Unless it's something like VR Karts in which case you won't have a monitor option.

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v20H2 (19043.1081)

Level 2
Thanks for looking,
It is Dirt Rally .

lensmandave
Level 9

150 said:

Thanks for looking,
It is Dirt Rally .

Just a long shot..worth a look maybe, I found this thread on the Dirt Rally forum:
https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/4284-dirt-rally-dont-detect-thrustmaster-tx/
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Level 2
Spent a couple of hours with Dirt Rally to no avail, so I went back to Project Cars 2 through Steam which I gave up on  for the same problem. Lonnnnng story short, I eventually got to a screen stating, "no controller attached " . Once again I saw the wheel recognized by the pc ,did another pc wheel test that was ok. Then got into what I 'd call a wheel test type menu in Proj. Cars 2 and after I did that I had the gas and brake reversed but I was moving, went back and found that particular menu and now I have proper gas and brake . Car drives horribly , but I hear that's not uncommon before a proper set-up.
Went back to Dirt Rally and slugged it out some more going through any menu I could find, and unfortunately I don't know how, but that started to work. I'm sitting outside the car sideways on the ground, but I know I can straighten that out  🙂 
Hopefully I'm headed in the right direction thanks to you two .
Greatly appreciated,
No " bad " home for me ,    yet .
Thanks so much 

flibberflops
Level 5
To be honest this has nothing to do with VR. What you need to do is disconnect the VR and concentrate on getting the game working on the PC/monitor. Once it works on the monitor, it will work with the VR plugged in. I think you are confusing the matter (with Support etc) by including VR into the problam description. Your issue is really something to do with PC + Wheel + Game. Not Wheel + VR