cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which VR Headset should I get?

AshlynMcGee
Honored Guest
So back then, I didn't know that my Gear VR wouldn't be compatible with iPhones. I no longer have any Samsung phone to use my Gear VR with. It's about time for an upgrade anyway, but which one should I use? I'm not really a gamer girl and when I do play games, I don't go too crazy with any sort of games. I'm more the type of person who just wants to escape. I mainly used my Gear to watch the videos I had on my phone and movies. Also, I'm not sure if what I used was a part of the Gear or if it's an app I can just download through the headset, but I'd love for whatever I get to have to give me the opportunity to watch my videos or movies in places like the void, or on the moon, or in the Imax theater, because those settings were just fun to watch videos in. That being said, which kind of VR should I get that I don't need Samsung phone for?
4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Probably an Oculus Quest would be your best bet.  However, if you are really only interested in VR media then the Go would be a good, less expensive option imho.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Oculus GO. You can get them cheaper as well now.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oculus Go's already listed as a Boxing Day sales item on BestBuy Canada.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/search?search=oculus+go

Personally, I'd get the Quest, only because once you have the Go, you'll wish you had the Quest. Even if you aren't a 'gamer', you'll still want Beat Saber, and simple games like that.

AshlynMcGee
Honored Guest
^^ Beat Saber never really interested me, but there are games almost similar to that that I'm sure I'd like. Better safe than sorry then I guess! Thanks!