cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who here uses SteamVR when you have a rift?

god_alom
Adventurer
Okay, so I posted a thread on the steam virtual desktop forums telling the developers to make Virtual desktop independent on the oculus from the steam client. I hate having to use SteamVR, because they've managed to corner their customers into a corner of something horrible, you know what I mean. A reply was posted saying something that is it's not financially feasible as it would include loss of profit sharing and subscriptions? How hard is it to make vd individually seperate fron the steam version. I like what Oculus have created I want to stay on their platform and at the same time I want to rid of the Steam client. Who else here feels the same?

PS. Does anyone know if two people are allowed the same profile name on steam?

24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get Virtual Desktop on Oculus Home? I've had it installed there from day 1.

I try to avoid SteamVR, there is always something buggy going on for me when I use it

DarkTenka
Trustee
Also, I have Virtual Desktop on Steam .. and it runs in Native Oculus mode... sooo... what in the world are you talking about?!

I mean I have so much to complain about when it comes to SteamVR but you're picking Virtual Desktop to complain about? ... dude, seriously .. what? 

FlakMagnet
Adventurer
I use SteamVR and I don't mind it at all. Some of the games I love are either available only on Steam (Audioshield) or I owned previously to owning the Rift (Project Cars, Assetto Corsa).

Admittedly, there have been a few issues with SteamVR, but these seem to have been fixed (for me at least).

When it comes to purchasing new VR games, I sometimes choose Steam over Oculus.

KenSniper
Adventurer
I use almost exclusively SteamVR almost all the time, only for the exclusive games on the oculus store, I havent gotten any issues with steamvr thankfully 

Ernimus_Prime
Heroic Explorer
Only for certain games.  But I mainly use Oculus.
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI), Ryzen 7 3700x, 16 gigs ram DDR-4 3600 MHZ. SSD XPG 8200 pro 1 TB. WD Black 4 TB. Windows 10 PRO 64-bit. MSI VENTUS 3 RTX 3080 OC, Primary: MSI MAG274QRF-QD 2nd monitor: Acer Predator XG270HU 1440p@144 hz, Phanteks Enthoo Pro case. Corsair rm750x PSU. Rift S.

danknugz
Superstar
i only use steam vr, games on steam have better sales than their oculus equivalents (couple weeks ago sports bar vr was on sale in steam buy not oculus) and higher player counts

i have one game in oculus (obduction) that i hope to eventually get around to playing, but onward is what i decide to play all the time. for some reason i geta little annoyed from oculus home as well, it gives off this pretentious vibe and you cant customize it for shit
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

roadczar
Protege
Steam VR exclusively here.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
50/50 but if I get the chance I stay clear of steam VR. She's finicky like my ex.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star
All the games (all the two game) I regularly play are only on the Steam. I think I remember seeing Oculus now allowing username change, but due my Oculus account name I prefer mp on Steam.