cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why all the secrecy?

stewpitt
Honored Guest

Why all the secrecy about the rerelease of the Quest 2.  It's been a month and supposedly all that was being done was adding a silicone shield.  Just give us a date and we will wait patiently.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

What secrecy? Oculus said August 24 a month ago.

Today is August 24. The 128GB model is available (yes, in Australia) on the oculus store right now.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@stewpitt wrote:

Why all the secrecy about the rerelease of the Quest 2.  

Hmm? Quest 2 was released back in 2020, mate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

He said "re-release". Which some folks are waiting on.

https://uploadvr.com/facebook-pauses-quest-2-sales-skin/

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Think the OP means the new 128Gb version.  It's now available at both my local (Australia) Amazon and Oculus store.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Oculus-Quest-Advanced-All-One/dp/B08V51TP2C/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2WY537EFKMHBP&...

I'm still waiting for my free silicon cover order to be processed and shipped (Oculus est. early next month) but I'm in no hurry since I already got the free VR Cover replacement facial interface a few months ago.  I'll be interested to see which one I prefer.

Just another secret; v32 rollout is just around the corner, lol!

https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-more-flexible-oculus-move-improved-gifting-and-more-in-the-latest-ocul...

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

@TomCgcmfc wrote:

Think the OP means the new 128Gb version.  It's now available at both my local (Australia) Amazon and Oculus store.

Ah, that's right! My bad. I totally forgot that Quest 2 is getting an official re-release with a new base version. Very nice 😊

stewpitt
Honored Guest

Apparently, oculus does not scan this board.  Instead we can all share misinformation regarding the "rerelease."

Doesn't anybody find it odd that the company has remained mum on the subject.  Makes you wish there was an alternative.

stewpitt
Honored Guest

Also, Tom Oculus has not been rereleased in Australia, if you read on amazon says it is unavailable.   Oh never mind the Easter Bunny just dropped one off at my house. 

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@stewpitt the link I already provided you to Amazon Australia shows the 128Gb version is in stock.  Maybe make sure to select the 128Gb button to see this.  Shows me it could be delivered to me by 29 Aug 2021.  Really not sure if you missed this or you're just trolling mate?

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

What secrecy? Oculus said August 24 a month ago.

Today is August 24. The 128GB model is available (yes, in Australia) on the oculus store right now.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Yep, 128 available in UK today also. Happy 24th.