Why cant i order for Austria?

Spaske
Honored Guest
Why, just why??????

When can i order for austrija?
10 REPLIES 10

Killian
Honored Guest
Austria isn't part of the first 20 territories they are shipping to during this pre-order round?
They will add more countries later. Already the current shipping time is now from March to April.
Those of us not in this round of pre-orders probably won't see shipping until summer or fall 2016 at this rate whenever they open ordering for more countries. 😞

Spaske
Honored Guest
Yea, i know austria is not "yet" on the shipping list, i just want to know why... ><
No, actually im pissed, il gladly pay the price of 700++ € but i cant, because im in austria...
And even if they put austria to the list, i have to wait 2 - 4 months more just because im in austria...
I waited with my visa 2 hours before the preorder went online and the first second it was on i klicked on preorder, just to see that i cant FUCKING PREORDER!!! thx...

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"Spaske" wrote:
Yea, i know austria is not "yet" on the shipping list, i just want to know why... ><
No, actually im pissed, il gladly pay the price of 700++ € but i cant, because im in austria...
And even if they put austria to the list, i have to wait 2 - 4 months more just because im in austria...
I waited with my visa 2 hours before the preorder went online and the first second it was on i klicked on preorder, just to see that i cant FUCKING PREORDER!!! thx...

It's because they don't have the regulatory and safety certifications for your country yet.

ThomasHo
Protege
use a mail redirect service!?
Greetings, Thomas
from Germany
----------------------------------------
DK2 / Vive / Valve Index / Quest 3

EisernSchild
Explorer
Already posted that one but it really hits the mark:

"ThomasHo" wrote:
use a mail redirect service!?

Yes, use either

LogoIX
http://www.logoix.com/cgi-bin/index.pl

or

buybuy
http://www.buybuy.at/

as derstandard.at recommends here:
http://derstandard.at/2000028581259/Oculus-Rift-700-Euro-Eintritt-fuer-die-virtuelle-Realitaet

EisernSchild
Explorer
"goldenegg" wrote:
"Spaske" wrote:

It's because they don't have the regulatory and safety certifications for your country yet.

They already had the regulatory and safety certifications for DK1 and DK2 for our country, we could order both from the very first second.

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
"EisernSchild" wrote:

They already had the regulatory and safety certifications for DK1 and DK2 for our country, we could order both from the very first second.

Everyone complaining it's not available in their country keeps using this as an example, but it's not a valid comparison. The dev kits were built from off-the-shelf parts, which makes it much easier to obtain the required certifications. Also, the certification process is significantly reduced (and completely nonexistent in certain situations) for test hardware.

Spaske
Honored Guest
thx for the replies, at least now im not that much in the dark.
The redirect thing sounds good but now i dont care anymore if it comes in june, or whatever.
Guess il wait untill austria is on the list or just buy the vive, depends wich one i can get sooner.

EisernSchild
Explorer
"goldenegg" wrote:
"EisernSchild" wrote:

Everyone complaining it's not available in their country keeps using this as an example, but it's not a valid comparison. The dev kits were built from off-the-shelf parts, which makes it much easier to obtain the required certifications. Also, the certification process is significantly reduced (and completely nonexistent in certain situations) for test hardware.

Ok, now i got it.