cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why hasnt my quest 2 updated to v30

CapCuddles
Level 2

As the topic says its a few days past and I can't seem to get the update for my quest 2 headset. If I go to the "about" tab under settings it says I am on version v29 but it tells me there are no current updates available. 

Can someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dburne
Level 16

Oculus does not update all devices at the same time, they do rolling updates usually over the course of a few days.

Historically takes about a week or so for everyone to get it.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Papa.Jay1993
Level 2

I'm currently having that same problem....sux. anyone able to help us out?!?! 

dburne
Level 16

Oculus does not update all devices at the same time, they do rolling updates usually over the course of a few days.

Historically takes about a week or so for everyone to get it.

Rift CV1| Rift S| Quest| Reverb G2| Index| Vive Pro 2

View solution in original post

TomCgcmfc
Level 16

Ya, as @dburne said, hang in there and you will get v30 sometime soon.  I actually got this on my Q1 yesterday (my Q2 is still v29) and the only thing I now have is official Q1 Air Link support.  Works ok but I still prefer my Q1 with my official Link cable because the visuals are better with fewer compression artifacts.  Maybe this will improve with future updates?

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Pixie40
Level 9

Sadly, having to have both the desktop app and Quest on the same update version does sometimes break features like Oculus Link and/or Air Link. My desktop app updated to V30 today, but my Quest 2 is still on V29. Meh, whatever. Still have Virtual Desktop.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.