cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Australia and NZ getting the shaft?

Tovrin
Protege
Pre-orders for Australia and NZ have had no new pre-order shipping for five weeks.  Yeah there was the clearing of the "Customs" blockage, but that hardly new shipping notices; that's just fixing old ones.  People in Europe, Canada and the US at the one hour mark are getting their Rift shipping and yet we're still stuck at the 6 minute mark.  And all the while our dollar drops against the US which makes the price of the Rift go up, up, up!!!

What the hell is going on?
120 REPLIES 120

scottycam
Honored Guest
It has been a disaster and what makes it worse is that 3 to 4 weeks ago we got told to celebrate as all AU issues were fixed and Rifts were on their way.... well its been 3+ weeks since being told this and not a single Pre-Order Rift has been Processed, what exactly are we meant to "Celebrate"??

Knowing there is a delay and that we need to wait another X weeks or months is better then being told they are shipping and a month pass and nothing... 

An update would be extremely helpful.

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
New KS project: Send a croc to shake up things at Oculus.  I'm down.

Zandil
Rising Star

Tovrin said:

What the cost of shipping him to Oculus HQ?

Not cheap and i hear he gets a bit snappy on long haul flights.......ROFL

jimmyjamjars
Honored Guest
Yea cmon oculus I mean really?? Why did I bother getting up at 3am local time ALL the way back in January just so I could get into the pre order line only to find out it was all bs and you guys never really had any plan at all to do so?
What about the guy buying 3 rifts from Best Buy the other day how do you think that makes us day 1 pre orderers feel?

We are still at the 6 minute stage over here while USA is at nearly an hour, that's complete bs and I'm sure you guys couldn't give a toss as you all probably got 1 from the first shipment.

Don't know why we bother with these posts, if and when we get another "update" it will just be some crap about a holdup or unforeseen circumstance, I mean look at twistgobbers customs update on reddit, it says celebrate its all cleared here we go blah blah blah and nothing has changed since then, they don't give a crap as they know we have no where else to go 😞

Tinindil
Expert Protege
Ok - Our wishes have been granted

TheTwistgibberAustralia/New Zealand: Confirmed today that preorder Rifts will ship out next week. They are being kitted and shipped shortly

Well at least we have got some news - finally. My shipping window ended yesterday, so at least i have found on reddit that something is going to move next week.

Thanks Guys

Tovrin
Protege
FINALLY!  Something!

Zandil
Rising Star
Looks like snappy did the trick 😉

Tovrin
Protege

Zandil said:

Nothing like a croc to put the fear of the south into 'em.

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer

Zandil said:

Schnappi?

kzintzi
Trustee
a very honest "thankyou" to @cybereality if you contributed to us getting the update. if not, thankyou anyway.
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.