cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why rate a game if it won't load?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I was just looking at some games I want to purchase, but some of the ratings are from people who haven't even played the games because their unable to get the game to load. What is Oculus policy on games that fail to load for some people? I think it's best to contact Oculus support rather then give the game a one star rating just because it doesn't load. This makes it difficult to know what's good and what isn't at just a glance. You end up having to read all the reviews just to see why some people are giving it a one star.

I think the rating should only apply if you've played the game that's all I'm saying. Oculus support should deal with problems when it comes to loading the game. I know I had a problem with Chronos and a few other games, but I wouldn't give them a bad rating for this reason. I would just contacted Oculus Support or ask for support in the support section on the forum.
10 REPLIES 10

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
After reading through a few reviews on home I concluded the ratings are totally worthless.

Depends what they said - they obviously said it doesn't load or you wouldn't know - in that case then i guess it isn't too bad, as long as the date is there (i think it is) and as long as they go back and update their review once it is fixed.  Also, developers need to be able to go on and say "sorry for the problems, this is fixed in the latest update" etc.

You see this everywhere - when a package is delivered late someone will go and and give a product 1 star.

And yes, the rules need to be clear about refunds if things don't work.  I think Oculus Home is a safe place to be downloading content from though, better than some other marketplaces.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

vannagirl
Consultant

andyring said:

Depends what they said - they obviously said it doesn't load or you wouldn't know - in that case then i guess it isn't too bad, as long as the date is there (i think it is) and as long as they go back and update their review once it is fixed.  Also, developers need to be able to go on and say "sorry for the problems, this is fixed in the latest update" etc.

You see this everywhere - when a package is delivered late someone will go and and give a product 1 star.

And yes, the rules need to be clear about refunds if things don't work.  I think Oculus Home is a safe place to be downloading content from though, better than some other marketplaces.

this annoys me on Amazon

truly i do no care if the postie was late, how about the products??

i like the review section in home, however it also seems a place to express "other views" which is fine if you have but in a game section no so much
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Mr_Creepy
Rising Star

Litespeed said:

After reading through a few reviews on home I concluded the ratings are totally worthless.

Not worthless but you gotta read through some and filter out the dumb shit.

thoiter
Protege
I agree it's very annoying. You see the same thing on Amazon product ratings which have arrived faulty or failed to arrive. There are so many planks in the world.

Thane_
Heroic Explorer
The close cousin of bad product reviews due to late shipping.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

thoiter said:

I agree it's very annoying. You see the same thing on Amazon product ratings which have arrived faulty or failed to arrive. There are so many planks in the world.

Hey I love that this was your first post! Just goes to show how truly annoying those types of product reviews turn out.

I agree that there needs to be more quality control. If I may take a slight leap here... I believe that innovations with Artificial Intelligence will be able to help with this in the future.

"Alexa, please read only the reviews with an IQ score above 110."

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Thane_ said:

The close cousin of bad product reviews due to late shipping.

I've seen a lot of product reviews like ,"This is a great motor!  I'll post a more detailed review once I have one to try out."

Wait...So you're reviewing something you've never even used?  You're basing your review on what?  A review of other reviews?

agenttoff
Heroic Explorer
"I ordered this by mistake." 1/5.    😐