cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Oculus be able to do anything about the many $1000 CV1s on ebay?

SerVitor
Expert Protege
This is basically people who preorder then instead of cancelling the order (if they change to vive) they keep their place in the queue and resale their item for a huge profit because of the high demand for this item.

And also of course people who preorder lots of the Cv1s and resell on ebay so main purpose to sell them on for huge profits.

i do think this is a bit scummy but im not sure what Oculus can do about it unfortunately.
i5-4690k 16 gig Ram Win 7 64bit 8 gig ZOTAC AMP EDITION GTX1080
48 REPLIES 48

SgtTommo
Protege
They won't be able to do anything about it AFAIK.

Nedo
Explorer
why should they do anything against, its not verboten.
Order DK1 Mar 30, 2013 / Order DK2: Mar 19, 2014 / Order CV1: Jan 6, 2016 / Order HTC Vive Feb 29, 2016

Minitu
Expert Protege
They sould do nothing.

From day one you and Oculus choose to live in a capitalistic economy, so don't be surprised if some people is trying to make easy cash. From day one we have concurred that getting easy cash from other people needs and whishes its ok and perfectly ethical.

Not that I like how things are...

Soon upgrading to Ryzen

Riftsold2018
Honored Guest
I'm more surprised there are so few.

Minitu
Expert Protege
Well just now I can count 18 and growing... not so few I guess...
Soon upgrading to Ryzen

Saerain
Explorer
Oculus weeding out scalpers is why some people were reporting having their orders canceled due to ordering for addresses in other countries and things like that. But if a scalper actually gets a Rift to sell, then they get it to sell. Nothing to be done at that point.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Minitu said:

They sould do nothing.

From day one you and Oculus choose to live in a capitalistic economy, so don't be surprised if some people is trying to make easy cash. From day one we have concurred that getting easy cash from other people needs and whishes its ok and perfectly ethical.

Not that I like how things are...

What does capitalistic economy have to do with anything? You can have this with any economy, lol.

Anyways, they already have something in place - NO SUPPORT. Aka, people that buy those rift will be at the mercy of the reseller if there are any problems. Oculus has and will check on the purchaser information first and will deny help if any information is found that the item was resold.

dead4sure
Adventurer
I wouldn't worry about it!

They might make some extra cash and it won't affect us much at all!

Feel bad for the foolish people that buy them for so much money and then have no support.

cdmoore74
Protege
The only way to control this to make enough units to cover demand or lock each headset to a particular account. Both of which are near impossible without adding extra cost and time somewhere in the process.