cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Oculus make a Riffle for the Touch controllers or just a Rifle?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I mentioned in another thread about some people using things they have made to play games. Where you place the controllers in a bunch of pipes that resembles a riffle. Some have even made designs for these riffles using a 3D printers. I just wondered if Oculus was looking to make something like this? 
45 REPLIES 45

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Scratch that it might just over complicate things trying to insert the touch controllers. Will Oculus just make a Riffle and gun as a controller that is picked up like the touch controllers?

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
I'd buy it. Sniping (or looking through high-powered scopes in general) in games has never been so hard as when you have no weight bearing down your hands or physical connection between them.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Yeah, just something simple like this would help. I know there was talk of some riffles in the DK2 days. An Official Oculus one would be good though and devs wouldn't have to cater for different ones. Or maybe a Riffle where you could change the button inputs yourself.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/trinity-magnum-price-specs,news-19193.html

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Is this what you're on about?  
tlhce9bxku75.jpg
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Yeah, but an official one from Oculus and not just some pluming parts.

Edit: Just saw that's not even for the Touch controllers LOL

Sax-a-boom
Rising Star
When did rifle gain an extra 'f'?

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
There we go.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
I don't think they will do something like that. It's a waste of money and resources.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

nalex66
MVP
MVP

I don't think they will do something like that. It's a waste of money and resources.

Not to mention wiffle balls.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo