cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Rift -S be £300 in the United Kingdom?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Some people are saying it's £399, but it's $399, which makes it £300 in the UK. Can anyone confirm the price in the UK and if not when will we get to find out?
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
It'll be £399, all of the Oculus VR hardware has been the exact same amount of pounds as dollars so far, I can't see any reason why they'll change it.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Yeah i doubt it will be £300, as stated above expect a $ for £ match on this.....but i expect it to drop quite quickly seeing as at launch most companies sell for as much as they think people are willing to pay at the launch of something, then when sales start to slow after launch they start dropping the price or add value to the product, so if the launch price is too high wait it out a bit.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

It'll be £399, all of the Oculus VR hardware has been the exact same amount of pounds as dollars so far, I can't see any reason why they'll change it.

My thoughts too - and €449. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

snowdog said:

This.

Rift was £349 and $349 on Oculus' UK and US websites respectively, Go is £199 and $199 for the 32GB model.
Oculus has never applied exchange rates unfortunately, like so many hardware and software companies from across the pond.

Well I suppose that's better than companies applying some sort of inverse exchange rate... 3ds max being £216/month and $190/month... I haven't checked adobe lately but I suspect something similar.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
To be fair $399 will be excluding tax where as £399 will include VAT @ 20%
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Put it this way, when I ask them "so, how much do you want for this then?" will be followed by "ok here's £300 because I still gotta buy bloody headphones and all that weight is more than my old Rift! Take it before I withdraw!"

Anonymous
Not applicable
To play fair - you guys also get another year of warranty for the price differences (because by law it is force). Here in the US - its only one year.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

MAC_MAN86 said:

Put it this way, when I ask them "so, how much do you want for this then?" will be followed by "ok here's £300 because I still gotta buy bloody headphones and all that weight is more than my old Rift! Take it before I withdraw!"

The weight of the headset won't matter much tbh. I've tried the PS -VR and it's super comfy and Rift -S has the same design. The PS -VR feels more like wearing a hat and the CV1 grips your face which I don't like. I can tolerate CV1, but only with the PV cover from VR cover.

ShocksVR
Superstar

snowdog said:

This.

Rift was £349 and $349 on Oculus' UK and US websites respectively, Go is £199 and $199 for the 32GB model.
Oculus has never applied exchange rates unfortunately, like so many hardware and software companies from across the pond.

Well I suppose that's better than companies applying some sort of inverse exchange rate... 3ds max being £216/month and $190/month... I haven't checked adobe lately but I suspect something similar.

The $349 price is accepted as the silent "Clearance" price. $349 was only announced in January, and was essentially globally sold out a month later.

It seems Oculus will be maintaining a $399 price for Rift (barring sales).
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S