cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will full dive Virtual Reality be disruptive to society?

eric_tan_581730
Honored Guest
Will full dive Virtual Reality be disruptive to society? Where most people live in the virtual world instead of the real world
7 REPLIES 7

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
I think you have to post this in Off Topic mate but I'm sure a mod will move it for you later.

But to answer your question, I think that's a long way off, I could see that being the case in 50-100 years but not now.

If that day does finally come it would be quite sad.

I take it you've seen the film, Ready Player One where this is a reality? It's quite a sad reality tbh so I hope not lol.

I love VR as much as the next person but spending time in the real world with family and nature is always better!  🙂
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just by 15secs (Elite:Dangerous countdown whilst under threat until you can escape!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
It won't, because it will never exist. Full Dive VR is pure fiction. Don't mix up movies with reality, folks!

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

It won't, because it will never exist. Full Dive VR is pure fiction. Don't mix up movies with reality, folks!

Mate if they can help blind people to see with some kind of technology attached to their tongue then anything is possible.

There's so much we yet don't understand about the human brain and nature.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

saami81
Rising Star
I would say that even modern phones are disruptive to society. Lots of people do nothing, but stare their phones. It even bothers relationships.

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
thats like dmt where you leave this world and go off into a journey.

the body has natural dmt but it becomes diluted too fast to give us a hallucination.

so a full immersion dmt might be to stop the dmt dissolving first.or, if not dmt, stop some dissolving that prevents us from experiencing some other reality. then plug in the sense that sees, our imagination, into virtual reality. that would be full body vr.

you might need vestibular stimulation to generate some sort of imagination. then maybe a brain scan to pick up imagined body movement. then like a full view vr the person sees with their eyes.

then if the person weirds out on the dmt this translates to what they see in the vr. flying with dogs and fat women through pancake and strawberry clouds or something weird.

Ever heard of science? Your eyes work just like cameras, lenses and all. Your brain sends signals and we are just tapping into using those signals to control prosthetics. Now scurry along and pray to your god about how nothing is possible.