cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will you ever buy a ZeniMax product again?

GenetixStudio
Superstar
I'm going to stop purchasing ZeniMax products for the time being and re-invest the money into Oculus Home and hardware. Call me what you want -  Not trying to come off as immature, just an adult prioritizing where my dollars go, and whom I support.

What do you think - has Zenimax burned a bridge in their lethal assault against Oculus and the VR industry OR are they in the right and justified in their case?
79 REPLIES 79

kernow
Heroic Explorer

Arock387 said:

Ive got approximately $0.36 cents to pitch in at the moment but taxes and payday are coming! 

Ti'n llawn cachu. We all know you got more than that.

j/k Just messing with you to mess with Warbloke.

Siegfriedshead
Protege
They're trying real hard to shut down the VR industry and if VR is something you care about than grow a pair and support boycotting these assholes whether you like any of their games or not. You can't just let big companies like this get away with this kind of petty shit.

Luciferous
Consultant
Well if they pass some of that cash down the line to Bethesda and lavish it on VR support then I will buy the products. If they do not support VR going forward then my cash will stay in my wallet.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Well if they pass some of that cash down the line to Bethesda and lavish it on VR support then I will buy the products.

Do you realize it could be years before we see a quality Bethesda game in VR? And if ZeniMax shuts down Oculus, what platform do you think they would be building Bethesda VR games against? Would you buy an entirely new VR Kit just for a Bethesda game?

Warbloke
Superstar

Zenbane said:

Well if they pass some of that cash down the line to Bethesda and lavish it on VR support then I will buy the products.

Do you realize it could be years before we see a quality Bethesda game in VR? And if ZeniMax shuts down Oculus, what platform do you think they would be building Bethesda VR games against? Would you buy an entirely new VR Kit just for a Bethesda game?

if its going to be years... wont we all be ready for hardware upgrade by then anyways ?
"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Warbloke said:

if its going to be years... wont we all be ready for hardware upgrade by then anyways ?

Upgrades to an up-to-date product, not upgrades to an out-of-date product.

By the time the CV1 is upgraded, it should be due to the current industry pushing the CV1 beyond its capacity. That hasn't happened yet.

Upgrades to something that has been collecting dust for a year or longer is fairly worthless. I'd rather just buy a competitor product who is continuing to make present-day strides.

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Not happy with their greedy practices, but got to get my Fallout fix!
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

danknugz
Superstar
same here, even though i played through fallout 4 3 times, level 520 something (dont ask, was testing my cronus max dongle thing) and got all the achievements except the high score in the nuka world arcade, looking forward to the VR and touch support
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Warbloke said:

Zenbane said:

I'd say definitely, the second generation VR headsets should be coming out by then.  And if Elder Scrolls VI: Skyrim II is released only on the Snoy Viewportcullis then I probably wouldn't buy it JUST for that game, but it might be the deciding factor.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The only Zenimax game that has been any good recently has been Doom.  Fallout and their fantasy equivalent games are so generic in story terms it hurts and are totally overrated IMO.