cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Ray Picture of DK2

kingzope
Protege
I posted this on reddit and thought I would share here as well. I stumbled on this when trying to just view the LEDs. It looks really cool.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2eaacm/xray_pic_of_dk2_using_nightvision_on_camcorder/
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received
5 REPLIES 5

falco
Honored Guest
cooool!! 🙂

fabsterpal
Honored Guest
Cool, but not x-ray. Here's what is happening:
The night vision goggles (or camera) is emitting IR light, and capturing the returning IR light. The plastic front on the DK2 is designed to let IR light pass through (those small white squares you can see are IR LED's themselves) as part of the improved tracking. Because of this, the camera is able to see through the front plastic.

Pretty cool I know.

kingzope
Protege
Yeah I just said x-ray because it was simple that way lol.
DK1 Order No: 574XX (US) Status: Received DK2 Order No: GP-1055XXX Status: Received CV1 Order No:6130000XXXXXXX Status: Received Oculus Go Status: Received

Lurch666
Honored Guest
I got the same looking at the rift with the kinnect on the xbox one set to night mode.

kingzope
Protege
"Lurch666" wrote:
I got the same looking at the rift with the kinnect on the xbox one set to night mode.

Nice! I wish my picture wasn't so blurry. I may try to get a better one. That's cool you found another way.