cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes. Extension Cables DO work w/ CV1

cybereality
Grand Champion
Just because I was curious myself, I got some USB 3.0 and HDMI extension cables. I used them with both the sensor and the consumer headset. They're standard 10 foot passive cables. They seem to work with no problem. Cheers.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
302 REPLIES 302

Cameraguy320
Protege
I just went to Fry's  Electronics and purchased a HDMI repeater ($15) and a Spider 12 foot HDMI.
I have been playing Paintball and Arizona Sunshine with no problems

Nij
Heroic Explorer

wasyl00 said:

AdKiuCM said:

Ok, I bought those:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A30FLE2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00P0ES0QM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
And both work for me. Funny enough someone was reporting in this topic previously that this particular HDMI extension did not work for her/him. I bought 2m / 6' and they do work normally.
My GPU is Strix 980ti. I use main monitor with DP-> HDMI adapter and CV1 straight from the card into this extension in first link.

It doesn't make any sense to me. So I bought exactly the same 2m HDMI extension cable to use with my Stix 980Ti and it doesn't work. I'm completely puzzled now. Is it some kind of lottery. Seriously Oculus should offer 2-3m compatible extensions.

I got these too as I only need an extra couple of meters and using them with my 980, no display at all on my rift but had sound, so tried just the usb and this seemed to work but my new oculus headphones were crackling quite a fair bit and I thought they were faulty but on removing both extension cables, they were fine so looks like these are going back to amazon
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

elboffor
Consultant
i had crackly sound but only when using extensions, it turned out my onboard USB wasn't supplying enough power, so i got an inatech card and it works spot on
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

CaptainInfamous
Protege

shim2 said:

That cable worked for me... strange.

JeremyFisher
Explorer
It seems everyone experiences varying levels of success in regards to extensions, and I'm no different ._.

My current specs are:
GPU - Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
Motherboard - ASRock Z97M Pro 4
CPU - Intel i5 4690k

The recommended CableMatters 3m HDMI extension cable unfortunately doesn't work properly, the result being the same for both cables in the pack. The rift connects and displays a picture, but on loading Home I see random intersecting green lines. Once it has loaded and I begin to move my head, I see random green dots/artifacts mixed in with the normal view of Home. To me that's not good enough. I then tried both a DVI to HDMI adapter and a DP to HDMI adapter separately only for my Rift to display a black screen.

Im now going to try an inline HDMI repeater/booster and see how that goes, but that looks like my only option left. Painful process to say the least ._.

elboffor
Consultant
Well I guess we know why oculus decidedebug on a fixed length 😕
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Exceleron
Explorer
So is the general concensus now that is none??

I don't really care about length at the moment, I'm more concerned with sotrage/keepimg the headset clean, and I don't want to comstantly disconnec/reconnect the device from the back of my PC. All O want is a short extension to keep plugged to the video card and setup towards the front of my desk and plug/unplug the headset to that. 

Any (short) extensions that work for everyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I joined the club. I read through threads tried many cables that people suggested. Third set were: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KWGXZGS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It went through the setup and still had problems. My screen would blank to black, then come back. It was almost painful. I was about to send some cables back, then I decided to try switching ports on my 970GTX card. That's all it took. Everything displays well without it cutting out for extended periods. This has kept me from having to move my pc to my desk.

So based on this, if you are having problems with verified working cables, and if you have another hdmi port on your card, try using that. It may save you some problems and grief.

F4CEpa1m
Adventurer
FWIW I'm using 10ft passive USB and HDMI extension cables from Amazon which work perfect.

I use the recommended Innantek USB 3.0 card with the power cable attached to my PSU.

From that card, and with these cables I can run the Rift and 2 sensors, however the USB adapter for the Xbox controller needs to be plugged in to a motherboard port or else the headset will disconnect instantly.

Exceleron
Explorer

F4CEpa1m said:

FWIW I'm using 10ft passive USB and HDMI extension cables from Amazon which work perfect.

I use the recommended Innantek USB 3.0 card with the power cable attached to my PSU.

From that card, and with these cables I can run the Rift and 2 sensors, however the USB adapter for the Xbox controller needs to be plugged in to a motherboard port or else the headset will disconnect instantly.

My xbox wireless adapter is connected to a powered usb hub and works just fine.