cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You all just cost me $250 - Thanks a lot!

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
I wake up this morning and surf around the Oculus discussion forums.  No notion whatsoever of Oculus Go on my mind.  I click around and see some good commentary about it.

Hmmmm, sounds cool.  It turns out I have a pretty good use case for this device.

Yadda yadda, four hours later I have an Oculus Go on my desk.  Little did I know that reading a few posts would cost me $249.99.

Have mercy on me, money doesn't grow on trees you know.
36 REPLIES 36

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I wake up this morning and surf around the Oculus discussion forums.  No notion whatsoever of Oculus Go on my mind.  I click around and see some good commentary about it.

Hmmmm, sounds cool.  It turns out I have a pretty good use case for this device.

Yadda yadda, four hours later I have an Oculus Go on my desk.  Little did I know that reading a few posts would cost me $249.99.

Have mercy on me, money doesn't grow on trees you know.

Spend a good 30 minutes to an hour in it, and then give some honest feedback. I really wanna know your thoughts (pro's, con's).

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

Spend a good 30 minutes to an hour in it, and then give some honest feedback. I really wanna know your thoughts (pro's, con's).

Will do.  I haven't even unboxed the thing yet, it's just sitting there looking at me.  I'll set it up this afternoon and post something tonight over a few brewskies.

Zenbane said:

Will do.  I haven't even unboxed the thing yet, it's just sitting there looking at me.  I'll set it up this afternoon and post something tonight over a few brewskies.

Well really you should be thanking them, right?

Hope it's amazing!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Digikid1
Consultant
Lucky. I want one but there is no store anywhere that has any. Not even best buy canada or amazon canada has them even listed. 

Digikid1 said:

Lucky. I want one but there is no store anywhere that has any. Not even best buy canada or amazon canada has them even listed. 

That's the one thing stopping me - if it were in stores i'd pop along just to see and absolutely walk out with one.

I would rather forego this product - don't need it.  So difficult though!

Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Hiro_Protag0nist said:
That's the one thing stopping me - if it were in stores i'd pop along just to see and absolutely walk out with one.

I would rather forego this product - don't need it.  So difficult though!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Congrats! Hope you like it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Digikid1 said:

Yeah, in Canada it seems like direct from Oculus is the only option right now. I’m fine with buying it from 
Oculus—takes about a week, but no tax and free shipping. That said, I am a little jealous of you guys who could walk into a store and get it there and then. Anyway, I’ll have mine on Monday. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

edmg
Trustee
Yeah, mine's coming Monday, too. It's been sitting in a UPS depot in Winnipeg for a day, waiting to be delivered.

Aside from not being able to try before we buy, ordering direct is probably a better deal; with tax and shipping included, it's likely to be cheaper than buying locally anyway.

I'm another one had no intention of buying one, and didn't even know it existed, until I started reading about it on forums and seeing the good reviews. I think I can make a least $250 use out of it doing VR on my sofa.