General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v31 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of July 20, 2021. Invite to Game We’ve created multiplayer APIs for developers to use with their apps. For any app that opts into this feature, you’ll be able to invite friends o...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 21 replies
  • 6 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Biggest most critical fussy vr enthusiasts, pick your poison.

It's kind of ironic that the main vr enthusiast members who complain most about God rays and glare and are buying the index has to deal with what i printed below. Below comes from a reviewer but there have been others that have mentioned this. Maybe ...

Rift S slight concern in first person shooters?

Just go to 8:28 of this YouTube video and this is my only concern with Rift S. He mentions that one controller in-front of the other becomes a problem because it blocks the other controller, but for anyone who's used a WMD headset is this really a pr...

RedRizla by Level 16
  • 67 replies
  • 1 kudos

Oculus tray tool question

My oculus tray tool has recently been doing this,(see screenshots),where the message in the low right corner is not going away when I minimize it. This happen after a computer crash. I've tried to reinstall it several times now and can't seem to get ...

Cfen by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New to Oculus

My name is Charles Kudrle just wanted to say I'm looking forward to this new technology.

Please read this asap. WARNING

Due to recent thread closures, personal insults/attacks, warnings given, pm's and all the stupid nonsense myself @kojack and @LZoltowski are having to read I want old forumites and any new to our community to please be aware, we have had enough of it...

Techy111 by Volunteer Moderator
  • 0 replies
  • 14 kudos

Resolved! Oculus Rift S taxes, etc.

So I preordered my Rift S. I live in Toronto, Ontario. One thing i'm scared of is the parcel service (UPS, DHL) hitting me with that broker fees, aka paying for fuck knows what. My questions are, is Oculus paying for shipping and taxes? Is it shippin...

Quest + Rift S questions..

Here are a few questions:1 - Are the touch controllers for the Quest and Rift S exactly the same?2 - If so, can we buy the Quest or Rift S without the controllers? or maybe Quest + Rift S + 2 touch controllers bundle..3 - Let's say a game is availabl...

KNP54 by Level 5
  • 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Allergic to my Rift

so l have a plastic allergy.. if plastic is touching my skin or is in extremely close proximity of my skin for several hours I have a reaction . I've had this issue since I was younger and it's become like second nature to avoid all things plastic th...

A picture says one thousand words

While the current rhetoric revolves around hardware specs of the latest round of VR HMD releases, I'm actually a bit more interested in how the VR Industry itself is about to evolve. We are going from this:To this:At the Industry level, this is quite...

Zenbane by Level 16
  • 18 replies
  • 6 kudos

Will the Rift be able to "invite" the Quest?

I work in an architectural firm, where we do our building designs in 3d. We have a Rift for use with some visualization software to enable us to walk through our 3d designs.I was just wondering how cool it could be if the Rift wearer (hooked up to th...

HELP NEEDED : Community project

Dear ( Anyone who might be able to assist me)Before I start I just want to apologise if this post does violate any Ts AND Cs. Please feel to remove it in that case.I hope you guys are well. I am Rajveer Jolly and a community ambassador in Cape Town ,...

Architectural psychology and storytelling for virtual spaces

As an architect turned VR developer and creator I have since some time been interested in how we can learn from architecture as well as storytelling in cinema and theater to design virtual spaces that are both comfortable and effective and evoke desi...

deploy to multiple enterprise devices

HiWe are considering the use of oculus go technology to facilitate training in multiple remote locations. I am new to the technology itself, so not 100% sure if what I'm trying to get to is possible. Basically we won't have anyone on site who we can ...

Akit0 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is an index preorder a suckers move? Maybe.

Notice oculus allowed many more reviews (before preorders) some of which used rift s and quest for a long hands on. Say what you want any of you oculus bashers but they allowed that because they are proud of their products.Valve in my opinion knows i...

inovator by Level 12
  • 120 replies
  • 0 kudos

HP Reverb - new WMR HMD with 4320 x 2160 res for $599

More here:https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-vr-4k-599/Quote: "The entire presentation that HP gave me was remarkably bold in tone as they highlighted how it weighed much less than the Vive Pro and features a higher resolution display all at a much lower...

RuneSR2 by Level 16
  • 64 replies
  • 2 kudos

Facebook F8 event Discussion Megathread

Hey folks you know the drill, F8 is happening, this thread is for all the discussions, updates and news from the event.Facebook is set to release both the Quest and Rift S at the event.The event will be live streamed and can be watched here:UPDATE: N...

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 69 replies
  • 1 kudos

New web page?

So why does launching Oculus now open a new freaking web page? Every time I start a game now and the Oculus software loads up I get a web page opening asking to connect my Facebook, I've done this several times but it keeps asking every single time.I...

Tray Tool

Hi Peeps. I just had the mother of a windows reinstall because the Rift install software refused to refused to run. All reinstalled now but a question I would like to ask is, are people still using the Oculus tray tool as of May 2019? Thanks for any ...

Disisme by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What HMD has your attention right now?

There are a number of new HMD’s on it’s way! Valve Index, Vive Cosmos, Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift S...Some are soon to be released and becoming orderable, some are still missing (Maybe some known specifications has moved your attention to another bran...

JohSm67 by Level 5
  • 75 replies
  • 0 kudos

European VAT refund for companies / entrepreneurs?

Hi,so in the US you got Sales tax, which basically is added to the product dependent on state and product category.In the EU (european union, which BTW includes the UK) things work a little different. All (?) EU-countries charge VAT. In Germany the V...

ASW vs ASW 2 vs steam motion smoothing vs wmr?

Has anyone taken the time to do a comparison between all of the various frame smoothing technologies out there? Cranking settings and forcing each of these techs just to see 1. how good they look and 2. what kind of performance gap they can make up f...

Aekero by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlown Source game in Oculus home (generic icons)

Greetings guys, can't seem to find on Google answer to my question. hope here i can. Is it possible to change the icon/thumbnails of a game loaded as unkown source? DCS is giving me an ugly generic grey icon, wanna change it to a customed image, so i...

Doum76 by Level 4
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Curious Findings About Spud [Technical]

I am fighting/experimenting with Spud for 5-6 months already, and today while I was testing for something else (left tilt), I made a curious discovery.After a reinstall of Oculus and after I also wiped my appdata/Oculus folder this time, I waited aga...

flexy123 by Level 9
  • 52 replies
  • 2 kudos