General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 44 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Am I missing something about Inter Pupillary Distance?

Oculus Rift CV 1 allows you to adjust the IPD, right? A bone of contention about the Rift S is that it has no physical IPD adjustment. I've never seen a really good discussion over just how IPD should be set.I personally prefer a wider IPD. This is n...

VR upgrade question.....

I am thinking of upgrading part or parts for better VR performance .My question is what should I upgrade ? And what should i up grade to ? These are my present system specs:Oculus Rift CV11080 TiI7 6700KZ170 gaming 7 Motherboard.32 gb memory

PAX East 2019 VLOG Part 1: Show Floor + Oculus Gaming Area

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH6j4i7nwDUAs many of you know Oculus brought me out to PAX East this year to try the new Rift S and Quest as well as some of the launch titles like Asgard's Wrath, Stormland, and others. Needless to say I had an amazi...

Firmament Kickstarter

Hey guys, Cyan who did Myst and Obduction are in the middle of a Kickstarter that needs help, I think the VR community should help them. This is the kind of quality VR title that people are asking for, they are halfway through the campaign with half ...

ASW 2.0

So i was a little disappointed that Oculus didn't announce anything regarding software enhancements to improve performance (other than foveated rendering thats some time away). But here is some really exciting news about ASW. https://old.reddit.com/r...

nrosko by Level 8
  • 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confirmed List of titles that support ASW 2.0 PLEASE

ASW 2.0 is very exciting, sure would be great to have a published list from Oculus regarding what titles currently support ASW 2.0. For example, Assetto Corsa Competitizone is powered by Unreal 4, seems improved after ASW 2.0 launch. Sure would be ni...

The Oculus Rift S

Hey, I got a Question: With the oculus rift s can we use the oculus rift touch controller with new rift s or not really?

Onward is now 40% off on Oculus Home!

We're getting close to releasing update v1.6 which will have revamped lighting! Among with many more additions and some nice performance fixes!Check it out on the Oculus store = https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1216866718419997/

Specs with the Quest

With just weeks away from launch( well perhaps months), will you be offering different packages/sizes? As I am one to pay for hardware and storage. But due to all the wires and extra you need to play vr, I've stayed away.... until now! Why not charge...

VR vs AR, which one will have a greater impact?

AR is augmented reality eg Hololens (by Microsoft). The view of the real world is unobstructed, with an artificial overlay.I think AR has the potential to become a day to day experience, like smartphones but without needing to "switch attention" or e...

EIw by Level 2
  • 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

Expressive Avatars launching ...... today?

So someone snagged this picture today on the Oculus app, possibly a premature showing ahead of the Wednesday QuestCOuntdown post. Here is a preview from Feb on the tech.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KR6SJORQqk&feature=youtu.be

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Waiting to buy the Oculus rift?

Hi All,Should I wait for Oculus Rift S launch to buy the Original Rift?Currently the Rift is priced at $530 AUD, do you expect the price to go down when the newer version is released, and so should I wait a month or so and get the rift for a lower pr...

Poor performance on high end system

So I finally setup my rift again after a while away and I seem to be getting pretty poor performance. My current specs are i7-8700k, 16gb ram, EVGA 2080ti FTW GPU. While it occurs in some oculus games (Robo recall sometimes having little hitches) I n...

TazX14 by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can not enter Oculus Home #1

Hi I am TexStar and I was told that if someone would add me as a friend I could enter their home and from there be able to create my own home again. Would someone please add me as a friend so that I can try this option. I am fairly new to Oculus and ...

TexStar by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Streaming VR service

It makes more sense to pay for a monthly streaming services to play ultra high resolution games. With Facebook's massive cloud computing ability 32k rez gaming at 120 or 240 fps does not seem to far fetched. Video cards are what is holding back compa...

Any suggestions to make CV1 comfortable to wear?

I have had the CV1 for some months now and I have to say I find it very uncomfortable to wear. I was even thinking about getting a mask to wear underneath it to act like a face plate. I find the CV1 digs into my skin no-matter how slack it is around ...

RedRizla by Level 15
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Oculus Setup animation, sequence and tutorial

I love this, very disney/pixar.This will no doubt be on the quest too.I can imagine first time VR users picking up their jaws off the floor. And they just put the thing on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQVl8Xly4r0

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Tracker

I dont understand why so many HMDs and other stuff variants are made, but no word about extra (or for momentary replacment) tracker device so that can be used for any kind idea... because any current tracking controller can not be disassembled in to ...

sekever by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Go calibration

My Oculus Go's view is tilted about 10 degrees counterclockwise. Reset view doesn't reset tilting. Is there anyway to calibrate it?

fasthall by Level 2
  • 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Accell USB-C VR Adapter

Anyone buy this? I think I'm going to orderhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP1A2FUmaPc

MowTin by Level 11
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Suggestion

After using VR for a few months now, the one thing I find difficult is when playing sit-down games like Elite where you need to see a keyboard (yes, can use voiceattack but this post isn't about that)What would be handy is some kind of camera attachm...

Gifting a game?

Am I missing something? Gotta be somewhere, I just can’t find it. Wanna give my sister $100 in games as a birthday gift. She has a Go.Can someone help a dumb blonde? Thanks!!

Samyann by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors