Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Is This the Face of CV2?

After the informative Half-Dome presentation and rundown at OC6, there is a feeling in the air that while a Rift2 has moved further off the schedule - a Quest2 and even a new middle ground system is a reality for release. Obviously all of this depend...

daf9xt5u7tji.png
kevinw729 by Honored Visionary
  • 28 replies
  • 2 kudos

Latest SteamVR release messed up seated Fallout 4

OK, I used to be able to have myself at a standing height in Fallout 4 when I was seated. This used to be achieved by going through the SteamVR setup and entering a height of around 139cm when it asked to put the headset on the desk, i.e. a height th...

k36sfd8id4yv.jpg strt2g4hi8vr.jpg f3udtrisylk4.jpg

Dont worry rift s is not dead yet!

The quest will not be as good on PC because of latency and will not look as good because of compression due to the USB connection. It will be interesting to hear the reviews of how big of a difference. A 90 refresh rate was considered but was not don...

inovator by Consultant
  • 44 replies
  • 1 kudos

I Just Backed Panther VR - Cool Stealth Game

That's two now I have backed this month. First LOW-FI and now Panther VR which looks equally as cool for different reasons.Kickstarter here - we need more games like this.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R1I2o0pMUI

Rift owners: 2-month free trial on VivePort

There is a Rift Campaign happening now. For anyone interested in trying some games for FREE. You get an instant 2 months free subscription.https://www.campaign.viveport.com/oculus-rift-campaign

wnfcilmtxc0a.png

Oculus Connect 6 BINGO!

Well it's that time again, always nice to have some fun, especially for those not able to attend this year's event. So it time to play..........OculusVR Connect Bingo! (2019)Can you pick the key phrases, activities, or omissions that will take place ...

kevinw729 by Honored Visionary
  • 30 replies
  • 1 kudos

AR sooner than later with these new lens

So I think this went over a lot of people's heads here when we saw this image. I know I didn't think about about it at the time other than WOW - but this is a KEY technology not just for focusing in VR - but the WHOLE problem for AR glasses as well. ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

(rift s = go) < quest? maybe

no news on rift s at oc6 but big news for quest getting a cable making it a desktop vr.i think rift s and cv1 are being quietly shut down in favor of the quest.next oc, oc7 i bet they wont even mention cv1 or rift s. may as well buy a quest but i rea...

Oculus Connect 6 Predictions: New Chapter in VR?

In about 3 weeks OC6 begins. The hype around this year's theme is centered on this whole "new chapter" phrase.https://uploadvr.com/oculus-connect-6/Oculus Connect 6 To ‘Begin A New Chapter In VR & AR’ In SeptemberOculus Connect 6 promises new chapter...

Hey i need help i cant download the oculus app...

Hey i need help i cant download the oculus app... It just says Sorry , wer encountered an error during installation. Please reestart your comuter ( ive done that 3 times) and try running oculus setup agian. If u still experience issues, contact oculu...

Ewil22 by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Which VR headset to buy?

Been a Rift CV1 user since day one (and DK2 before that) but now in the market to upgrade and not sure what to go for, but before I chose I would like to know if Oculus have anything on the horizon.My needs are quite specific, although I only really ...

5xl8xqpw05p5.jpg
Thug by Heroic Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Oculus Quest - Streaming Data to Oculus Quest in Real-Time.

Hello all! I am developing an app for Oculus Quest, using Unreal Engine 4, but want to stream real-time data from another application (Max  to said Quest. I have tried using the adb bridge and configuring the Quest as a device, to listen to a partic...

Have you connected with people in VR?

I think the greatest untapped potential of VR is for connecting with people. My favorite VR experience is playing From Other Suns in a group of 3. I visited one guys Oculus Home and talking to him in VR was really cool. Also, had fun playing Star Tre...

MowTin by Expert Trustee
  • 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

From Other Suns: Free Weekend, and Beyond

I have yet to purchase From Other Suns, but it has remained at the top of my list.The last free weekend I enjoyed was Archangel - which I ended up buying and beating. I am really excited to see From Other Suns added to the Free Weekend list. As someo...

Zenbane by MVP
  • 86 replies
  • 3 kudos

Oculus Trash Support

Just found out that I can not pay to get my Oculus repaired. I am seriously feeling robbed. I bought all those games and then bought the touch and was just about to by two more sensors for full room immersion. Then my oculus goes out. Now if I choose...

Sony Mantis vr headphone is a great option.

I clipped them on my rift s and omg for me they sounded good. No headache or pain getting in and out of VR. They are similar to how headphones on cv1 are attached. I know oc may announce an even better solution but for the s and even the quest it's a...

inovator by Consultant
  • 18 replies
  • 2 kudos

YOU BUMS, Quest is a waste of money

I just realized quest is a waste of money, I'm just catching up to terms, I'm referring to 6dof..3dof, 6 degree of freedom vs 3 degrees of freedom. Why on earth why I would I wasn't 6dof, it makes no sense. The important thing that a headset can do i...

god_alom by Adventurer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Booting Directly into Virtual Desktop

Hello everyone,,,I have recently downloaded the virtual desktop app and it is great. I am limited for space in my house so I no longer have a computer desk. So I love using this feature while sitting on the couch. My pc is always hooked up to my tv, ...

Jhonmicky by Honored Guest
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Per-application Guardian settings for Rift S, possible?

I just got my Rift S delivered yesterday, spent last night downloading software and setting it up, and today just going nuts and sharing the experience with my family thanks to the included software. My biggest surprise, however, was when I had finis...

Top Solution Authors
Labels