General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v31 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of July 20, 2021. Invite to Game We’ve created multiplayer APIs for developers to use with their apps. For any app that opts into this feature, you’ll be able to invite friends o...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Terminator VR Attraction

The experience starts with a group of four to eight people, each getting a facial scan for a “passport.” Guests are presented with a pre-show mission briefing before dressing up in a special suit with a VR headset. Each mission will be different, wit...

Can't open Oculus Home on windows 10

When I try to open Oculus Home it gives me this "Can't reach oculus runtime service - Your Oculus software may be updating." Anyone else get this issue and know how to fix it?http://imgur.com/RCtUNCc

Synchronize Oculus Go with an iPhone or iPad

I'm about to purchase an Oculus Go. The goal is to offer clients a better experience in viewing architectural 3D designs. Is it possible to synchronize an Oculus Go with an iPhone or iPad in order to see what the client is looking at at the moment?A ...

Selling gen 1 Rift - am I liable to be taxed?

Hello :smiley: Been a lurker on here for a while now and have now decided to join. I will be selling my Rift DK1 and upgrading - not quite sure what to yet though. However, I received the DK1 as a gift so any money I get from it will be profit. I'm i...

ellab_ by Level 2
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

That old 'losing all my saved games' issue

Apologies in advance as I know this has come up several times before and I've even created threads about it in the past myself, but it's new pc time for me and I know there's already a page on how to backup and restore your oculus library but I'm not...

Nij by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

New facial interfaces

To the people who have one what do you think if the new facial interfaces?I don't like mine. With the new one beinng thinner and bringing you closer to the screens my eyelashes brush against the screens. Only every slightly but enough for it to be an...

Lone Echo Sale

Reduced to £23 - I bluddy noo it!Should have left Skyrim/Fallout 4 VR - now I'll have to wait for the next sale If ya want it, tho - I'd grab it now.

Oculus Home Left Controller Wristwatch

I have the latest version of Oculus Rift Core 2.0 Beta (1.28.0.624751) installed in Windows 10. After the latest software update, whenever I am in Oculus Home the left-hand Touch controller has "Tap your wrist watch to see Home details and invite Fri...

Cross Platform games

Hi,Is it just me or do people find it annoying that Oculus doesn't have cross-platform between the rift and the GO? I have access to both and brought 'Keep talking and Knowone Explodes' (great game btw) on the rift. I went to the GO thinking I could ...

Uh Oh, HTC is laying off employees!

HTC has announced that it will lay off another 1,500 employees from its Taiwanese manufacturing division in a bid to restore its profitability. In a statement, the company says that it will reorganize itself (again) to better take advantage of effici...

Zenbane by Level 16
  • 36 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert 2D Movies to Stereoscopic SBS 3D

Hi all,This is all done with free software and works with .AVI, .mkv, mp4 files or if you have a Blu-ray or DVD you want to convert. **Disclaimer:** 3D movies are shot with special 3D cameras. This tutorial will show you how convert a 2D file in to a...

Speakers won't work

After connecting the rift my speakers don't work. Computer only recognizes the headphones. Anyone know how to get my speakers working again?

calfan by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SLI

Hi,Has anybody heard anything concerning support for SLI or CrossFire? Last I looked into it it was just a no go. I understand some of the complexities but was wondering if there were any advancements with that lately. It's easy to come to the conclu...

teknix1 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hyperkin Touch Skin is Actually Pretty Cool

I bought this Touch skin randomly, and it's actually pretty cool.https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-GelShell-Controller-Silicone-Oculus-pc/dp/B0758M1Z81/The feel is really nice, and it should at least offer some protection. The downside is the it looks ...

OVRServiceLauncher cannot open

OVRServiceLauncher started from the wrong execution context. LastError = 0x427 (1063): The service process could not connect to the service controller.Pass in the "-install -start" arguments to install the service launcher as a Windows service and st...

RuiS517 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to make Oculus as a second monitor?

Hello,I would like to launch my own view which is not developed by unity and not an app in the Oculus. I hope I could transfer view through HDMI. That is to say, using Oculus as a second monitor. But I tried in 'Display', computer cannot detect the d...

RuiS517 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Go Freezing and Restarting Randomly

I am using oculus go for almost 2 months now. Yesterday i faced an issue where my oculus go is randomly freezing and thn it restarts. Sometimes it is freezing on the boot screen logo and sometime on oculus home screen. My headset if fully charged, th...

That Zenimax case makes a return

Facebook-Oculus is winning some post-trial legalities against Zenimax this month. That $500 million was just cut in half and any attempt to ban Oculus sales went down the toilet.Kinkeade affirmed the jury’s February 2017 award of $200 million for bre...

Zenbane by Level 16
  • 51 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline installer?

Hi guys,Before I go higher up in my company and ask, I sell software and Oculus hardware but install into the showrooms as well. If their internet is slow it can take multiple hours to download. Is there anyway to get the download installers offline....

3D stereo cam 4K 30fps 180° on sale

In case anyone is interested in 3D photography, LucidCam is on sale this weekend for $320us. Was originally 399 and still listed on Amazon for 500.I'm not affiliated with them in any way, other than I just ordered one.You need to subscribe to their s...

Roaster by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Seeking an app to assess visual acuity.

I am seeking an appthat will help to assess visual acuity in VR space. If something like this isavailable, I would like to use it. If not, then I would like to encouragedevelopment of such an app. The goal isto analyze my vision in VR space as I adju...

Hacking and antivirus

For the first time since I use internet, my pc has been attacked. This morning I noticed a new and strange screen when I tried to access the bank.I became suspicious and called the customer service from which I had confirmation that it was a scam att...

Where does SHARE go on the ACTIVITY page ?

When I selected ACTIVITY , I was presented an editor block so I created a short blurb with uploaded screen shot but then after selecting SHARE I was unable to find where it was shared.Is it being moderated and what is that page for ?

After the last update

Is any Body else having hotas issues since the last up date? mine has just stopped in the middle of a game quits working 3 times now never had an issue before(.X52)