General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 32 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Oculus Roadmap - my predictions for the future

So I have seen a lot of discussion with regards to Santa Cruz and CV2 and wanted to offer a few of my own thoughts on the subject.We now know that SC will be a premium untethered mobile experience with 6dof, this lends to my prediction that Oculus ha...

LZoltowski by Volunteer Moderator
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos

Amazon's making more VR moves; Oculus products seem aligned

Here is the quick version:Amazon is destroying all retailers with their market dominance.Amazon launched a VR/AR development tool for public consumption in 2017.Today, Amazon is working with a financial organization to bring the power of VR to the en...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Peoples who hate every game on the store

I see a lot of users who give 1 star every game what did they play. These users really hate the games, or just they like to mark down a game like a troll?For example: https://ibb.co/iLVdwyI saw more 1 star from her at older titles.

bano12 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to add payment methods

HelloI am unable to add any payment methods, system keeps coming back with check your CC info. I am sure of the details and have used it on other websites.Setup and added paypal, after attempting to purchase an item and entering my pin, I get a payme...

VR is Officially Mainstream (??)

Moments ago during the NBA playoffs, I just saw this commercial on prime TV:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JThGXfQ8GqwFirst of all, that commercial is badass. Second... yeah, I think this confirms the Mainstream nature of the VR Industry.

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 37 replies
  • 1 kudos

Tracked OBJECT not objects?

This sure seems silly. Why make tracked object instead of objects? They could really only come up with one use case, so now not only can we only have 1 left and 1 right controller, but the tracked object is also limited to one? I was telling Vive own...

Oculus Ready Badge doesn't deliver on promises

A few weeks ago I bought an Oculus Ready certified laptop (Dell Alienware 15 r4). It is listed on the Oculus Ready PCs page (https://www.oculus.com/rift/oculus-ready-pcs/ ) and Dell also displays the certification on the product page.The Oculus Ready...

ASUS ROG GL503VM (VR READY Notebook)

Hi Guys,I have a problem with my notebook and the oculus rift.I hear the sound coming out of the headphones but the screen is black and there is the orange LED.The specifics of my notebooks are:Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.80GhzNvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6Gb1...

holy crap I wish I had this chaps skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=V8Xjv1B1S-cthis has to be one of the most incredible DIY projects i have ever seen.I would need 2 however one for flight and one for racing (because you dont wanna be faffing around swapping bits out  ...

Any PU Leather VRcover users have any opinions...

Has anyone tried the Blue PU Leather facial cover from vrcover.com?I am in the UK, and they seem to be available from America only, so wondered if anyone from UK had purchased them and from anybody as to whether they are worth the $58 outlay, (As I n...

Facebook Aiming For Virtual Reality Dominance

Great article that presents things quite fairly.The quick version:Sony is still leading the VR Market in terms of "total units sold."HTC and Facebook are fighting to replace Sony in the Number 1 spot.Facebook is currently more strongly situated for d...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 40 replies
  • 5 kudos

Oculus Home (decor): Entryway Challenge

Due to the release of Oculus GO on May 1st, things became rather distracting with MobileVR goodness. However, we still have plenty of time to engage in a fun decorating challenge.This one is smaller in scope, and it's the challenge that I've been mos...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 21 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Sensors

I bought my Oculus Rift for sims racing and want to know where I should position my sensors to race on my rig, can I only use one sensor or or do I have to both, I am finding it impossible to get the right positioning as the head set is showing the r...

afm by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

IPD

Is there any easier way of altering your IPD setting? At the momet I have to run the full set up. If I alter the IPD without being in the set up IPD part of the set up it doesn't show on screen what the IPD is.

Why Pre-Order Marvel Powers United?

I'm interested in this, but I would like to know what the benefit is to buying early?I see no price break, and I've seen nothing as far as what benefits that might bring.Anyone have an idea?I want to know as I have two systems so me and my nephews ca...

Wireless rift... what about the sensors?

I see lots of discussions about getting the headset wireless... but what’s people’s opinions on the sensorss?Id love to have sensors I could also use without wires... maybe have my pc in one room and the VR setup in another (and for temporary set ups...

Directory.CreateDirectory not working in Oculus GO.

Hi Everyone,I tried creating folders in Oculus Go device using the System.IO.Directory, Although the folders has been created successfully but I could not able to see them. Strange thing is i turned on ""show hidden files" folder is not visible but W...

Keeping your Face and HMD clean

Even though I have read through many of the recommendations regarding keeping the Rift's face-plate clean, I never really felt like I was doing a good job. Furthermore, after 7 months of extensive use, I noticed that I tend to breakout (acne) more of...

Zenbane by Level 15
  • 49 replies
  • 3 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors