Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! [Forum] How to disable notifications from a single thread?

I'm getting tons of notifications from a thread that I commented on once or twice, and I'd like to disable that. However, I don't want to disable this for all discussions, because there are some threads that I do want to get notified about. Is there ...

Personal advice for vr

Vr has the same disadvantage as operability.Some are angled to stay selected, some are remote sensing, some are voice control, some are real-time capture or diy. But there is a common problem with poor control.The reason for the difference is that th...

Will Nvidia DLSS have a big impact on VR?

As you can see, NVIDIA is claiming a roughly a 40 - 60 percent performance uplift for a Turing-based GeForce RTX 2080 versus the GTX 1080 right out of the gate, and that's with DLSS disabled. Flip on DLSS in a compatible game engine, however, and tha...

MowTin by Expert Trustee
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is Evga gtx 1060 6gb good enough for rift? (Solved)

Im buying a new gpu and i dont have much space inside my pc. I tried Asus gtx 1060 6gb dual fan, but it was too big. It hits the Sata cables. So im thinking should i buy evga gtx 1060 6gb non-superclocked (309€) or a superclocked one (349€)?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rift sensor placement (2 sensors)

I got my rift 5 weeks ago. I set my laptop and the rift sensors on the dining room table 5 feet apart facing forward 3 feet in front of me. Over the next week or so I was prompted to run through full set up several times. Finally things stabilized an...

sford52 by Heroic Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rift Blackout, Error, reset after windows install?

Hello, I just performed a windows install. I have installed all latest drivers for nvidia 1070 GTX. all current win10 x64 updates. and then went ahead and installed Oculus. i went through install and boot up Oculus home. I setup. now i get a random E...

5os900thgoef.jpg m32qpl5xriih.jpg

Is this Startech card worth it

I’ve recently just bought a not so expensive Inateck pci-e card for around £20 with 4 usb’s but I’m just wondering whether I should of got this more expensive Startech card which apparently has 4 usb 3.0 sockets with dedicated bandwidth for each one ...

Nij by Heroic Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

File format

What does the GO support (.JGP, .JGEP, .GIF, .PDF and so on)?

i added some cushions to my rift strap

in the back, on the bottom of the triangle on both sides. i added a wound adhesive dressing with the cushion in the middle and the sticky part around the cushion.i wore my rift watching music videos for a while today and as usual my head in the back ...

44da5isejhuq.jpg sdt0h6j5d6x5.jpg

X-Box wireless controller not working

Hi, I'm not sure when it happened exactly, but it seems my X-Box wireless controller has stopped working since I ran a Windows Update last week. I am getting an Unsigned Driver Error on XINPUT compatible HID device:"Windows cannot verify the digital ...

Pure adrenalin rush!

I do not know of a world whereby we can live without virtual world. Coming across Oculus has given me a focus in life and certainly the excitement hormones kicks in when playing their games. I am wishing Oculus great success in their vision and endea...

daeyah by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Walmart files VR patent

Smart move!Walmart files patent application for VR shopping Walmart applied for two patents that show how the chain plans to create a "virtual retail showroom" and fulfillment system that would let customers shop in a computer-generated version of it...

Graphic cards

I have a Nvidia 1060 card and an I7 CPU. and an MSI motherboard I want to upgrade to a 1080ti. Nvidia cards Vs MSI cards. What do you think? do brands make a big difference?

DTH by Heroic Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Medium Artist Spotlight + 3D Print Giveaway!

We're honored to host Kent Fremon in our monthly Facebook Live Artist Spotlight on Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 1pm PT. During the stream we’ll talk with Kent about how he uses Medium for his toy design startup! We'll be giving away a 3D printed scul...

l75ble1ob5lm.png
naycorn by Heroic Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Leg Tracking

Not sure why there isn't Leg tracking. You can stand in one spot while raising/lowering your legs to simulate walking, or faster to simulate running. Even jump to jump in VR.How many Touch controllers can be connected to the oculus at the same time? ...

roundpitt by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Torn: This game looks puzzling good.

https://youtu.be/HEGJLdI4JkADid my eyes just catch a psonic screwdriver and an weeping angel ? Looks to me like it got both vibe and visual inspiration from Doctor Who, and I love it !

KlodsBrik by Expert Trustee
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conflicting Performance Message - Oculus Tray Tool

I have been struggling a lot recently with spell casting while in a dungeon in OrbusVR (doesn't happen in my player home or even outside the dungeons). Using the Oculus Tray Tool, I find that it is reporting a solid 90fps but only +/-10% Performance ...

TickTock by Heroic Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disney Movie VR.

Is there any full length movies like this instead of previews. This looked amazing. I dont normally watch animation Disney films etc but if in VR I would.

Top Solution Authors
Labels