General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 15 replies
  • 9 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

Oculus Rift Intro Sample

When I first set up my Rift I was extremely excited and after setting up the headset my Oculus Rift began an Intro Sample. I was amazed as I looked around for the first time. A cartoon like scene with a stream, mountains and lake. The view and sound ...

xotic9x by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

New posters with your $15 dollars

Hey new posters, don't leave now you're all fixed...........hang around. It's so much fun here, loads to see and do and spend your compo on 

Techy111 by Volunteer Moderator
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

VR Cable belt clip

Well, I was getting fed up with the cable being in the way. So here is the fix, "if you have a 3D Printer" This little belt clip fits your belt and keeps that awkward cable behind you at all times.Here is where to get the files needed. https://www.th...

CR055Y by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUPPORT: Oculus Black Screen / Display Shuts Off

So, I have had MANY issues with this Oculus non-sense.First it was the sensors shutting off randomly, the controllers not tracking correctly, and a whole other heap of issues out-of-box.I've only had it for maybe a month or more now, and I've solved ...

oGhosti by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stargate: Origins

So is anyone else going to watch Stargate: Origins in Bigscreen Tomorrow?

STRICK9 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Runtime Error

This error is honestly obnoxious, and then throw in the fact that I got my Oculus Rift today, and you can imagine I'm annoyed. Though, when will this error be fixed? New computer, new VR. Annoying.

Why u may want to consider a Playstation vr

I love my oculus cv1 and use it often. Unfortunately for me I have to move around furniture and do a set up every time. My brother that lucky bastard is able to keep it set up. The main reason I purchased Playstation vr was for resident eviL and far ...

inovator by Level 12
  • 26 replies
  • 1 kudos

THIS WHAT OCULUS HAS TO DO

When the certificate expired, Windows stopped recognizing Oculus Runtime Service and thus stopped allowing it to run—for good reason, I might add. As the end user though, this manifests as a pretty opaque "Can’t reach Oculus Runtime Service" error.It...

Third sensor placement in an awkward room?

This is my current layout. It's far from perfect but tracking works great in front-facing and gives me a "moderate" play area according to the app. I would love to get a third sensor but have no idea where i'd place it. The bookshelf is very far from...

MrKaru by Level 5
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

xbox one app

I can connect to a party chat and hear my friends but they cant hear me while I'm in vr is there a way to fix this

Under 13's using Oculus Rift

I'm on a Facebook group (Oculus VR) and posted an article about the possibility of VR causing damage to children. It was a post for discussion only, but what it did turn up was a general consensus from people: 'as a parent, I decide what's OK for my ...

AKreska by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What first for a noobie?

Before I spend money can you guys recommend some freebies to whet my appetite. I was impressed with the demo especially the bit where I was looking down a long way, that was a bit scary?

Forum Structure / Organization

Is there any way it would be possible to get a bit more structure in the forum organization? Community activity has created enough content that perhaps it's time to consider adding subcategories or similar if possible, to group types of content withi...

hey ergonomics team. My scalp goes numb after 10 minutes.

I think I posted about this a couple years ago when I first got my Rift. It's still a problem for me. I have tried everything.I perceive the relevant skull factors to be:1) I have a strong occipital bone structure (strong rear skull).2) I have weak z...

VR A battle for the soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAn2XsVTXQEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDRN_dZNJUMhttps://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/82appy/why_do_people_who_hate_oculus_spend_so_much_time/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Y9ZidnTZ8

VR Fitness Series Week 5 - Sparc

https://youtu.be/gEgWVnO7dlcSo here we are at the one month mark in our journey into the world of VR fitness and I have to say we are both impressed with our results so far. In the past 4 weeks of doing this I am happy to say I have lost 18lbs and St...

Sensors

Seriously considering purchasing an Oculus Rift (it's currently in my cart) but I'm wondering how many sensors I need. 2 come with the bundle but I've seen posts about 3-4 being optimal for the full experience. Just wanting to know exactly the best s...

Laptop +USB Hub + Sensors + Hotas + Keyboard

Does anyone know how well Oculus will perform? My brother has a good laptop that is VR ready. I want him to start playing DCS World with me, he has three sensors. The laptop has limited ports. He needs to be able to add a Hotas and a USB keyboard. He...

Commercial Use License

I am looking to purchase a few Oculus rift headsets for commercial use. Would I need to buy a commercial license for each device, or am I covered by purchasing one license and then the other devices at the $400 price tag?

Oculus GO Comparison Chart

[Context of Discussion - To discuss the above image,info and how it pertains to VR in general, will not accept insult, bullying or derailment of the thread [governed by Forum rules]]

Top Kudoed Authors