Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Are there still no gift options on Oculus Home?

Are there still no gifting options in Oculus Home? I want to buy From other Suns for my brother and it's an Exclusive here so I can't do what I usually do with this problem, buy on steam and send it that way since it is the only option. If this isn't...

falken76 by Expert Consultant
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Valve adds custom button mapping to OpenVR.

This is going to make life a whole lot easier:Valve is about to make OpenVR a lot more open.Technically, any VR content launched on Valve’s SteamVR platform will support the three major headsets out there at the moment: the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and ...

KlodsBrik by Expert Trustee
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Friends in Oculus

Hey I'm looking for some buds in vr. I'm Ursus_Arctos I'm from new your city. My favorite games are sneaky bears and I expect you die.Add me Ursus_Arctos

Corrupt Dash/Core 2 and using D3DGear?

The D3DGear dev is aware and will work on a fix as soon as he returns from his holiday. If you've had the corrupt Dash (the left and right menus and taskbar look as though the lenses are pointing the wrong way!) and you run D3DGear in the background,...

d7sfs6mva4pq.jpg

how i broke my pc

first i got a new case with a coolermaster cpu heatsink that lowers my cpu temperature 20 degrees, compared to my dell case and dell cpu cooler.I got the PC disassembled and am putting the mobo in the new case but the dell cpu bracket the dell heatsi...

Will Oculus have to update the minimum processor spec?

Apparently a major secuity bug has been found in Intel processors. The only way to fix the bug is with a software update. The update is coming next Tuesday for windows users. It also effects Linux and Mac users. Sadly it has been reported the softwar...

wanoennogs by Heroic Explorer
  • 47 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! home settings

I have been looking around my new home. I remember seeing something about setting up or save a new entry point. I can not remember where I saw it.

DTH by Heroic Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus Store Ratings are...

Whats up with all the weird and dumb 1 star ratings on various games in the oculus store?I see so many 1 star reviews with things like "Does not support my language" or people trying to find technical support.Not to mention all kinds of motion sickne...

Oculus Go - IPD configurable?

From the Oculus Go pictures I've seen to date, I'm not seeing a slider for adjusting the IPD (interpupillary distance), like there are for the Rift. Will the Oculus Go support adjustable IPD settings? Will the new lenses help reduce the need for an a...

paw9k by Protege
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading RX470 to GTX 1070/1080?

I am wondering if there’s any benefit to upgrading my graphics card to either a gtx 1070 or 1080 with 8gb?I currently have an Asus Rog Strix 4gb RX 470, an i5 7600K with 16gb of 3200 DDR4 RAM on an Asus Z250 H board.I mainly play Elite, DCS, Project ...

CGH001 by Protege
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Would you buy a full body suit for VR??

The haptic feedback Tesla suit is going to be shown at CES 2018:The Teslasuit features:Full body haptic feedback systemMotion capture and positioning systemclimate controlledmulti-player enabledwashableCompany website:https://teslasuit.io/Article:htt...

Zenbane by MVP
  • 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is an xbox one enough

I want to purchase an Oculus Rift, however, i don't have a PC I only have an Xbox one and a TV, would this be enough so support the oculus rift or do i need to buy a PC? Thanks for your help

Measuring head movement in Oculus Rift

Hi, I would like to use the Rift to measure head movement of the wearer, say in millimeters. Let's say a person is sitting in a chair and they see something in an interactive VR environment on the Rift, say an insect. Would it be possible to measure ...

can someone help guide me for setup

just bought rift along with an hp omen. the laptop exceeds all requirements. with the goggles on, the screen doesn't stay on and glitches into total darkness then to a blurry screen then the program then back to darkness and so on. I'm looking for su...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Top 10 most downloaded PlayStation VR games in 2017

I place this here as we had the HTC information and it would be interesting to see the comparison from the VR headset leader:Surprisingly, the Farpoint blockbuster is for absent subscribers despite a mid-year release. It is however more normal not to...

kevinw729 by Honored Visionary
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Restart Computer" Oculus Software download

Good Evening,I recently bought the Oculus after much hype and a bit of savings, but low and behold there is an issue. The very software from the FB company isnt working, and apparently from my searches is a widely felt problem.I'm going on my 3rd nig...

Too Scary for Words - When would you finally Let go?

The advancement of modern technology is staggering but some things will take a long time to become the norm for many people fixed with soon to be old-school methods. Check the article from the BBC and then be horrified (no, I mean really horrified). ...

Adapter for graphicscard?

Hi , i have a gtx 980 Gainward , my problem is that i doesnt have a hdmi output only mini displayport and mini hdmi. Which Adapter would i need to connect my Oculus to the PC?

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rift stopped working and warranty just expired

Rift stopped working with a hardware error. Support team said there is nothing they can do and my warranty just expired. Just over a year later I am left with a pile of junk! They wouldn't even tell me what the hardware issue was.

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Rifter

So I held off being an early adopter to VR. I have got burned on the next "big thing" so I waited and when it went on sale for $349 I couldnt pass it up. I bought mine the day after Thanksgiving. I have not had this much fun gaming/media in a long ti...

when will child locks be added to the oculus

I have some very annoying people with me who think they can use my stuff whenever they want to so i would like to put a code on stuff before it is used. Say someone came in my room while i was sleeping and wanted to play windlands without my permissi...

Achates by Honored Guest
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Library Icons...

Does anyone else struggle to find the game/app that they want in the Oculus home library (original..not the new beta) when there are only a few titles that actually tell you the name of the game/app but most consist of just simple icons with rarely m...

My feud with the Rift and a GTX 980M

There are mixed resources online about whether or not this works with a 980M graphics card. I managed to get mine to finally work after a fair amount of trial and error and a week and a half of frustration.My rift would either stay solid orange, flas...

Ardoneye by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is your VR Machine about to slowdown by 30%?

I was reading about the latest security flaw Intel is dealing with:Computer processor giant Intel has hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons, as it was revealed this week that a serious security flaw – nicknamed Meltdown – may affect every chip ...

The beginning of haptic feedback for VR?

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/42558612/what-a-woman-with-a-bionic-hand-can-feelThey're using the sensory response from the hand into a PC, which then converts that into a signal sent into her arm through implants.For VR, you would...

Top Solution Authors
Labels