Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need suggestions on a Laptop

Hi Guys,I've recently got an Oculus Rift+Touch.. but I need a new laptop that can run it properly.. I know that the GTX 970 is the min requirement.. but not a big fan of spending thousands.. was wondering if there are any reasonably priced laptops wh...

Something just happened to hands in rift!!!?

I don't know what is going on, that never happened before, but my VR hands are stuck in one spot in Rift which translates to games as well. I see hands and can move them on their axis, but they won't move freely anywhere else, except they're stuck in...

it doesn't recognize controllers

I installed the rift and the controllers for the first time today. I turned the computer off a few different times today and each time i turned it back on rift didn't recognize the touch controllers so i took the battery out and put it back in and it...

jim1174 by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't install any game

Sorry, a antivirus software is blocking the installation of ....It said that on evry game please help

Maere05 by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unboxing, and...........wait. Where's the "Audio Tool"?

The contents list shows that there's supposed to be a little "Audio Tool".Is the OR still shipped with it?It's missing in this box (purchased very recently). I know it's not a big deal, it's just a dinky screwdriver (is that right?), but I'm worried ...

tgm1024 by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

HDMI port not recognizing Headset after new AMD drivers

Any help would be appreciated...Ran the Oculus setup before X-mas to make sure that comp was good to go...the setup went great and all games were playable. I uninstalled the Rift software and then reinstalled it today. It prompted me to update my Rad...

murray21 by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Home 2.0 stopped adding new games!

I thought it only broke adding games that were previously added, but no, just purchased new games from Steam and when I played them, they didn't show up in my library. What's up!!!

Oculus Apps Download Speed Very slow

Hello, I have 100 Mbps. My Memory and CPU are below 20%. I'm trying to download an oculus app from oculus website that is 10.5 gig. It has been 1.5 hours and it has only downloaded 2.5/10.5 gig.Can someone please let me know how i can speed this up? ...

dlokman by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Will It Work?

I am in love with the Rift after I have used it at my friend's house and wish to buy it. The only problem is when I did the performance check my card doesn't meet the recommendation.GRAPHICS CARD: Graphics ChipsetAMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 SeriesMy quest...

Ryan___p by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SEGA Increases Investment in Location-Based VR

SEGA Entertainment and virtual reality (VR) solutions provider StarVR today announced its collaboration to bring StarVR arcade experiences to existing SEGA Game Center locations throughout Japan. StarVR will work with SEGA Entertainment to roll out i...

kevinw729 by Honored Visionary
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

FOV (or IPD) of many games

In many games I feel as I am a Giant. Overload, Sublevel Zero, Everspace, it's always the same. The Cockpit Looks very big with a big seat. In Project CARS 2 too but there is an Option to set the ipd Ingame. Is this normal or an issue, I think all ga...

JC-McNeil by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Arktika.1 1day since last accident achievement

Hi guys I've looked everywhere i can on the net for how to get this achievement but i can't find anything does any one here know how ow which level/mission to get it on I've tried both cargo missions and one of the train yard ones but still not got i...

N0-one by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Store Improvement Detail

Is it possible to add, Motion Support : Teleportation/Locomotion or Optional Somewhere in the details screen would be great. I do not need comfort, just details.Anyone else think this would be handy?

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

App Suggestions

I'm new to the community and my Oculus will be in hand on Christmas. I wanted some suggestions on what the best Sci-fi space games available for Oculus are.I also I'm looking for experiencing all the amazing tourist sites all over the world in 360 vi...

FOXX5 by Honored Guest
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is an Oculus App ?

Newbie to gaming and VR, be gentle.all the instructions say to "Download the Oculus App".What is it ?Where do I find it ?What is the difference between the "Oculus App" and the binary file "Oculus_setup.exe"Thanx very much. Help needed.oh, I'm in the...

Safety warning acknowledgement in new beta home

Hey,Does anyone know if there's a way to get the old "look at this message for two seconds to acknowledge it" safety warning back in the latest beta version of home? Rather than the press any button version. I play DCS a lot and it means finding the ...

vfrhawk by Protege
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

The latest Patent seeking ventures by Oculus

Fun news,A patent published today but filed in 2016 shows an Oculus concept for a convertible head-mounted display that can be powered by either a PC or phone.https://uploadvr.com/oculus-seeks-patent-convertible-hmd-powered-phone-pc/The important thi...

I wanna make my boss puke !

as the title states essentially So my boss has given me the green light to have an "oculus day" with my co-workers next Wednesday . so I wanna let him have a go ...and puke up!. its a sort of "my xmas present to him" if ya know what I mean:0) ..so c`...

Is there a list of incompatible PC components on the forums?

I’ve searched but can’t turn up anything except for case by case situations. I want to be sure I’m getting the best and most compatible bang for my buck. My spending limit is $1,800 total. I know I want a GTX 1080 Ti, i7700 processor, 16 gigs of ram ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Watch your cat !

When you have your headset on, you can't see what's happening around you....and suddenly : black screen  WTF ???..... : no HDMI connection ??? YOUR LOVELY F....G CAT IS CHEWING YOUR CABLE !!!!  Take care of it, this cable is VERY VERY fragile, I ju...

Top Solution Authors
Labels