General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Quest build v33 release notes

These features and enhancements will become available starting the week of September 13th, 2021. Guardian History If your headset is experiencing tracking issues, you can now use Clear Guardian history to delete Guardian maps and tracking data in add...

Oculus_RyanS by Oculus Community Manager
  • 47 replies
  • 13 kudos

Resolved! New Community Manager - Oculus_RyanS

Hi everyone - I’m pleased to introduce you all to @Oculus_RyanS, a new dedicated Oculus community manager. Ryan’s full time, energy, and attention is going to be spent on our community. He (along with our existing team of fantastic volunteer moderato...

Forum Rules, New User Info, and Other FAQ

Welcome to the Oculus Forums! Below, you can find information on forum rules, answers to common new user questions, and the names of the forum admins / mods you should reach out to if you encounter an issue here on the forums. The goal of this post i...

aqkl1zzouy8t.jpg

New Oculus Forums Feedback Thread

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new Oculus forums! As I mentioned in my announcement post, I’d like this thread to serve as a place “forums feedback”. Please let us know how you’re finding the new platform, what is or isn’t working well for you, or wh...

USB 3.0 Extender Questions

I recently bought a 3.0 USB Extender from amazon and when I got it I have been getting problems with it. When I hook the cable up (PC to Sensor) I have been either getting Poor Tracking Quality (-8606) or (-8609). Then on some moments while trying to...

Platform Feature Request - One Eye Support

This topic has come up before, but I've never seen an Oculus response to it. There are a few use cases for a setting in the Oculus Control Panel to enable rendering only to a single eye. Obviously, this would improve performance at the expense of dep...

garrun by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

About time.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/data-protection-bill-facebook-google-instagram-snapchat-twitter-delete-account-data-personal-a7880181.htmlAndhttp://news.sky.com/story/google-and-facebook-could-be-fined-billions-under-new...

Techy111 by Volunteer Moderator
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Oculus Video Will Not Run after Update, Samsung S8

Hello, after the latest update was completed to Oculus Video the App will not open. I keep getting the error that there is a newer version of Oculus that needs to be installed, remove your headset and turn on WiFi. But I cannot find any updates avail...

Ati 295x2 water cooled & Oculus

Got the Rift bundle yesterday and I was hoping my rig would run it and it did. Runs great. I did however had to try a few mini display port adapters. A Belkin adapter finally did the trick. In the set up when you get to the end and everything says it...

Drive simulator bus

Friends,I want to know if they know any software that can offer a bus drive simulator using oculus.Ramiro Acevedo

Podcast - VR Roundtable

Here are links to our latest episode, available both on Youtube and all podcasting serviceshttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ0mboMHlYhttps://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/vr-roundtable/id1163547080?mt=2We are a VR only podcast that covers Rift, Vive &...

USB 3.1 to 3.0 hub for multiple sensors?

Right now I'm using a USB 3.1 (10Gb) type C to 7 port usb 3.0 (5Gb) hub for my sensor and my controller adapter. Works fine.I have the touch controllers coming tuesday, and order a 3rd sensor for room scale. I'm thinking about maybe ordering a 4th se...

jsondag by Level 3
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is this gpu enough

https://www.amazon.ca/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-04G-P4-6251-KR/dp/B01MEFABEL/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501944285&sr=1-1&keywords=gtx+1050+tiI was recently notified that my gpu is not good enough so I found some cash and found this gpu o...

ryanc02 by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Losing control of one of my touches

Hello, a few day ago my right touch controller is losing traking, i don´t know why, but sometimes the right han do not response well the movements, and sometimes falls to the floor..., anyone can help me? is the controller broken or why?? thanks..

Iruss72 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

fogging

does anyone tried  any anti fog sprays and can recommend ?

Zandu by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom controller "Do It Yourself" for Oculus system?

The difference between Oculus tracking system by using external cameras, compared to Valve idea to use tracking cameras in the devices itself, is that Oculus system would allow (in theory) to add and map any element that has enough IR leds to track i...

Fri13 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Albino Lullaby

When are they going to fix it where we can play it again? I love the game!!

ky4jw by Level 4
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ordering accessories poor logistics

I asked oculus about a third sensor .I thought would check after all the people complaining about orders not being shipped .as no uk dealer listed on oculus sells accessories like sensors or replacement cables etc.I posted a ticket on oculus this is ...

supersampling

Hi Im new to VR and heard a lot about supersampling can anyone tell me how to set this up and where to download this tool ?

Zandu by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oculus rift summer sale

Hello,Just wanted to hear if the oculus rift summer sale for 450 euro comes with an xbox controller? it seems like some are recieving it, but it does not say on the list of accessories.

SteamVR ...help?

To be honest, I don't like steam VR at all, it always has been a PITA in one way or the other. But anyway.The latest problem I ran into was after I changed my sensor setup. I redid the setup with Oculus and all is fine so far.Steam VR then was (of co...

Quill menu blur

Is there anyone who can read the Quill menu text CLEARLY? I've had 3 or 4 people test this with me and all of them say it's blurry. As is the comic book text in Wilson's heart.Is this just how Oculus is, or are my lenses defective? Or do all of my fr...

How Do I Turn The Rift OFF while I use my pc in monitor mode?

I enjoy my sessions in VR but the poor interface flexibility makes it only useful for some activities. A problem I have is that when I want to run a program, Elite dangerous for example in conventional mode on the monitor the oculus program will alwa...

OGREMAN by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Use laptop webcam as rift sensor.

Is there a way to use my laptop webcam as a rift sensor? I noticed that my webcam picks up the locator dots on the rift. And it made methink about how nice it would to be able to take my laptop and rift and go. Or to even use it as a third sensor. Ev...

muzingu by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement Mobo/CPU combination?

I just bought my son a rift/touch bundle, GTX1050ti, 8GB memory and a USB 3 PCI card thinking that would get us running.Tried installing it tonight but it seems his CPU isn't compatible. It needs to have SSE 4.2 apparently.Is there a cost-effective w...

Garuf by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Kudoed Authors