Talk VR
Bring your favorite tips to share or join general discussions about the VR industry, Meta Quest and the latest gadgets and accessories for VR.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Funcionality Oculus Home is BEGGING for.

Let me start by saying that something I feel is underestimated as a factor in the time we spend using VR, is the amount of times where we're forced to take he headset off.I guess it's not just me when I say that when something requires me to take the...

uKER by Adventurer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about DVI to hdmi adapter with oculus headset

If I bought a dvi to hdmi adapter for the oculus headset, would I have to plug the dvi end into the gpu or would I be able to plug it into the motherboard? Also would it function the same as if it was plugged into the gpu? I'm only asking because my ...

Oculus side effect: Insomnia. Anyone else?

Is this a rift specific side effect?If I play the rift for 2-3 hours (any time of the day) falling asleep during night hours becomes nearly impossible. Last week I did not fall asleep until 3:30 am (more than 4 hours of tossing and turning). The slee...

PC VR performance Test: VR Mark orange room

Hello everybody.I'd like to post here the PC configuration and the results obtained with VR Mark orange room.It would like to compare the score of a particular pc configuration in VR Mark Orange room, and if you are encountering issues with some vied...

Ulisse76 by Protege
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

what will be after VR

when 3dtvs came out I knew vr would come soon, I feel like 3d was a form as vr they both make you feel like your there. I feel like 3d was actually a step toward vr, so what can be more immersive than vr, will vr get to where it's like that vr headse...

Suddenlink

Do any of you deal with suddenlink, they are being nasty tonight. I finally get a psn card so that can finally download end space and pre order voltron. Well suddenlink constantly is giving me pop up messages about maintenance and eventually well the...

virtual boy

if Nintendo released the virtual boy during the oculus rift and psvr era instead of back in the 90s do you think it would have been successful, or if vr didn't happen in the 90s would it have been more successful, maybe a lot of people are skeptics a...

I just thought of another good vr game

how about enders game, you could be ender and giving commands or I guess it would be like star trek bridge crew since you would be piloting a big ship, and big ships like the enterprise require a team to control, unlike a small ship like an x-wing th...

Resolved! Are there official facial interface replacements?

Hi, I've had my Oculus for about a year now, and the facial interface is starting to gradually wear down. I'm using the CV1 version. I don't really like any of the third party options from Amazon or other sites, is there a way to get another official...

My Rift CV1 stand

Posted this on /r/oculus just now, but thought I'd share here too.3D printed parts, a speaker stand, a couple of threaded rods, and nuts. Working on a prettier V2.https://imgur.com/gallery/Otike

agenttoff by Heroic Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Facebook friends in Oculus home?

Are they only Rift users, or do Gear VR users show up in Home as well?EDIT: Sorry, wrong sub forum. Please move to general or what ever.

Mot666 by Expert Protege
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Early exhibitors of AAA 2018 get free offers!

The organization for AAA 2018 (2018 Asia Amusement & Attractions Expo) has now shifted into high gear! So far, more than 21% booths for 2018 have been booked! If you don’t want to miss you chance to attend this Asia leading game, amusement, theme par...

ga01ga by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

the history of games consoles vs vr.

I was reading some history of game consoles. I didn't know Nintendo had a console before the NES made console gaming popular, I always thought that NES was nintendoes first console along with sega master system. I think it was called color vision, an...

SLI now supported in some games

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1009685/oculus/oculus-rift-and-sli-2017/it would be nice if this became more standard so we could enjoy supersampling at higher levels while waiting for better screens.

danknugz by Superstar
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Where to buy the foam facial cover?

Hi I'm looking to get some covers for my rift, the original one is ok but after a while, I start to feel a bit of pressure on my face also I keep having to adjust the HMD as it drops down onto the bridge of my nose and becomes a little blurry it's pr...

Oops01 by Protege
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

walking dead psvr is happening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox_eaGZWTt4 walking dead for psvr is happening. That's another game on my list for vr games to get.

Pimax UHD HMD - "The Best Headset For Films"

It looks like there are some good things, and some bad things with this $300 HMD:The first thing I noticed when I put it on was the complete lack of pixels. I mean it, there is absolutely no visible screen door effect that I could see. I was playing ...

The Grid VR - Weekly News in Virtual Reality (September)

Hi all,I make a weekly VR news show called 'The Grid'. Instead of spamming this forum, I create one post for each month and update it with the latest episode. Here is September:Ep 29 September 30th:From Other Suns, Talos Principle, Budget Cuts, The I...

F4CEpa1m by Adventurer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GunJack Game/Hardware Help

Ok, I'm new to this, just got an OR, so I'm happy,  I got the OR Application setup, got Steam VR installed, went to Steam Preferences and played around with saying yes, to the Xbox 360 controller which already works in other non-VR games on Steam, b...

Console vr

Will there ever be another console that can run vr headsets besides PS4, not like Xbox or Nintendo, I'm talking about a totally brand new consoles that we haven't even heard of, or are Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft the only console makers there will ...

about andrew houses comment today on vr competition

I saw Andrew houses comment today about psvr needs more competition today. Well doesn't he know that there's lots of competition against psvr on it's way, first there's microsofts inside out tracking, meaning I guess you don't have to setup the camer...

MS VR survey by email

I had an email from Microsoft asking about my use of VR.I stated I own both Oculus Rift and Vive, and preferred the Rift, after which they asked a lot of questions about the Vive and pretty much ignoring Oculus.Nothing really in-depth, just would I r...

Roaster by Rising Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

1.18 Rift Release Notes

Update 1.18 is now rolling out to Oculus Rift users. For past, present, and future patch notes, visit: http://ocul.us/releasenotes ;FEATURESDemo Mode: You can now set up your Oculus Library to show only a certain selection of apps using the Demo Mode...

Install Fails Repeatedly

I have left my brand-new £2000 gaming PC, for more than the stated 30-60 minutes required to install software, on three separate occasions, and each time it results in complete failure. I'm only presented with an error message stating: "Can't Reach O...

Q42 by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels